2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
More or less word for word what I was going to type, you’re spot on.

I’m getting very tired of the cryptic ambiguity surrounding Dominic Calvert-Lewin and the injury, and I really don’t see how it helps him or us tbh. I really don’t get it.
Dyche has always been cryptic about player availability... Sean 'touch and go' Dyche

I'm not sure we have the time for him to get fit, up to speed or can even count on him banging enough in to help us out, on previous evidence it has to be a serious doubt that he can bag enough?

Also, the pressure on him is gonna be immense, if there is a mental health issue and he gets back in and fails, he makes himself a target for the angst, amongst others in the team.

It's a terrible situation all round as far as football goes.

I'm no fan of him as a footballer but at the same time if the lad is suffering from issues, is this the situation he needs or even wants to jump into and its only gonna get more intense.
The only reason people keep saying this is because he came out and said he had suffered mental health issues, injury playing a big part in that. Now it's assumed he's out for that reason by many when it could very easily be a regular injury. Nathan Ferguson has been out for almost 3 seasons for Palace. It happens.

Will come back once we are confirmed down. No pressure for him then.
Really needs to be back sooner rather than later. Hope it's not another Barkley-type situation where we spend months getting him back to fitness only for him to jump ship once the window opens.

More or less word for word what I was going to type, you’re spot on.

I’m getting very tired of the cryptic ambiguity surrounding Dominic Calvert-Lewin and the injury, and I really don’t see how it helps him or us tbh. I really don’t get it.
Might be way off but comments that have been made by both Lampard and Dyche suggest that the club think he's 'fit' but he doesn't, and they aren't willing to pick him if he feels he can't do it. They're therefore genuinely unable to say how long he'll be out for because it is effectively up to him and they'll just pick him as soon as he says he feels fit enough.

Might be way off but comments that have been made by both Lampard and Dyche suggest that the club think he's 'fit' but he doesn't, and they aren't willing to pick him if he feels he can't do it. They're therefore genuinely unable to say how long he'll be out for because it is effectively up to him and they'll just pick him as soon as he says he feels fit enough.
Well lets hope he feels like he's ready to do some of that football malarky we pay him about 70k a week for sometime soon. Can't afford to keep throwing away winnable games and expect to stay up.

If anything he would have been perfect the bring in for Gray for the last twenty yesterday. It would have given our players an out ball and would have made their defenders work even harder. It’s a shame we can’t even get twenty minutes out of him.

Maybe it’s a Dyche tactic though not telling the media when it’s back then boom all of a sudden he will randomly be starting for us. What I never understand with Everton though is players seem to walk off the pitch fine and then be out for months. I get it when you see a player pull up and everyone in the stadium thinks ‘ohhhh his hammy has gone there, that’s him out for a month or two’ but our players never do that. It’s odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.