2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is, it would just be sour if Dyche keeps talking about getting to the bottom of his injury woes, but then throwing him straight into a PL game after showing us his recovery plan for Garner and Patterson.

I mean we're desperate, so he probs will, but it's just sour for me.
Garner and Patterson are 2 young players who are not essential to being in the side in the way DCL is, given the difference in options available for the positions they play. Either way, DCL needs to be on the pitch soon. All the training in the world isn't going to get him match fit/sharp and that could take half a dozen games at least. Race against the clock.

Garner and Patterson are 2 young players who are not essential to being in the side in the way Dominic Calvert-Lewin is, given the difference in options available for the positions they play. Either way, Dominic Calvert-Lewin needs to be on the pitch soon. All the training in the world isn't going to get him match fit/sharp and that could take half a dozen games at least. Race against the clock.

This doesn't really address the point I'm making.

Obviously not at any intensity if hes still unfit then. Needs proper game time but they are afraid to risk him.
Its a constant battle, he gets "fit", then he gets some games and he normally breaks down before he can get fully match fit, so the whole process starts all over again.

I know people like to call him names and accuse him of not doing enough to get on the pitch, but personally I only feel sorry for the lad.

Its a constant battle, he gets "fit", then he gets some games and he normally breaks down before he can get fully match fit, so the whole process starts all over again.

I know people like to call him names and accuse him of not doing enough to get on the pitch, but personally I only feel sorry for the lad.
I agree. I think its more a mental thing with him at this stage mate which is a tough one.

Theres a massive degree of mental after this long time.

You know yourself, when you have an injury you compensate for it and it takes you a while to trust it, so you keep compensating, which then puts pressure of other parts of the body.
Be waiting further no doubt.

Same. No one knows what he’s gone through either / what goes on being closed doors. The hatred pouring towards him in certain quarters is pretty disgusting, no need for it but a sign of a time where people can say what they want with no consequences.

Don’t think he’s ever sounded unprofessional, not giving his all to the club either…signed him for peanuts and he developed into an England international.

I hope he plays a big part in the end of the season, even if we can’t turn him into a 90 minute player then having him as a 20/30 minute impact player off the bench for the rest of the season could pick us up some valuable point.

You know yourself, when you have an injury you compensate for it and it takes you a while to trust it, so you keep compensating, which then puts pressure of other parts of the body.
That's the same for every single player that's ever played professional football.

How you continue to defend this 'kin wastrel is astounding to me.

How you dont fully support our best chance of staying up is astounding to me.
I support him if he plays and plays well.

No one can seriously believe that this feller has a future in football in the top flight now though.

He's finished. But let's hope that before he finishes he can get a vital goal or two...then again, you have to be on the pitch to score don't you?

I know what you mean. When I strain a back muscle, removing a particularly obstinate cork from a bottle of wine, it takes me ages before I dare move away from screw top bottles, and muster up the courage to get the corkscrew out again. Hell it is, I tell you, HELL!

It's very difficult, some people have lot's of ability but their body is just not cut out for the demands of professional sport. A fair few of the students we get at the uni are sports people who have had careers that have never really gotten off the ground due to injuries, you hear some sad tales. When it's gone on the length of time it has now with Calvert Lewin I do wonder if for his own long term health sake he should maybe knock it on the head. The club can't realistically keep this up either even if they do actually get a replacement. There has to be an end point for the good of the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.