2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but all these short term fixes being discussed like injections etc. are just dumb. He’s currently an Everton football player but beyond his 30’s he’s just a normal bloke. Let’s not risk him having permanent health problems till the day he dies just to try save this stupid club.

Just a normal bloke with millions in the bank, who's never had to work a 9-5, much of which has come from a working class fanbase.

Dyche has said in every presser since that game he’s not available. It was only the last one he was a bit more vague about it but if we see how Patterson and Garner are being reintroduced he was never playing today. Not sure if everyone’s brains have melted but people seem to be getting confused with an opaque situation.
They should have said he needs 6 weeks if he needs 6 weeks. Not taking it week to week.

But if hes not available for even 15 mins off the bench at such a crucial time of the season then I think its very worrying that he'll ever get a good run of games again. He's still a young lad, so its not good to have these constant issues.

We're desperate for him to come back but it might not be possible. 100% on Thelwell and the board.

They should have said he needs 6 weeks if he needs 6 weeks. Not taking it week to week.

But if hes not available for even 15 mins off the bench at such a crucial time of the season then I think its very worrying that he'll ever get a good run of games again. He's still a young lad, so its not good to have these constant issues.

We're desperate for him to come back but it might not be possible. 100% on Thelwell and the board.

But they clearly don’t know how many weeks he needs? It’s also the journalists asking weekly, not Dyche wanting to update weekly.

You’re getting mad over such an obvious situation.

Like I keep saying: he’s out until he’s not.

Reminder to some of our so called supporters that he scored the goals that kept us up last season.
We need him in a blue shirt scoring the goals to keep us up this season as well.
Should start to think about paying him off, doesn't matter how good or bad he is if he doesn't play.
When he comes back, he is obviously out of condition and will never get match fit again if he only plays 1 or 2 games on the spin.

Another jokey total brush off of questions as to when he is expected back post match. I don’t know if this is because they don’t know, or whether they are being ultra careful, or whether they are protecting the player by trying to ensure there is no deadline or pressure to return if there is a mental health element.

But it’s on the verge of backfiring. It’s too cryptic. Could argue that the club don’t owe the fans anything, but I think they do. Need something to cling on to. Would rather them say at least another few weeks. At the moment it could be either next match or May 2027.

If he’s fit we win that today and probably Villa the previous week. Not his fault I know, but we have to hope he’s fit soon. Even if he is it’s going to be massive pressure on his shoulders that I doubt he can cope with.

Why should our manager give the opposition any of our team news at all in the training days leading up to us playing them, just to placate some of our fans? Ancelotti used to do that and it drove me potty. The transfer window is closed so the issue can’t be solved unless he is rested/rehabilitated correctly.

it’s 100% the board and Thelwells problem making alright, half for not getting a like for like striker and the other half for letting the pressure of a club‘s whole fanbase rest on his young shoulders when he has already spoken of his personal and mental health issues.

He's finished - will play 2-3 games then be out again.

For his and our sake think its best he hangs up his boots for the catwalk and we get another 80-100k a week off the wage bill.
Now here's an example of a good multi. Longevity, knows the game. Turns up week in week out and gives 110% for the cause.

Some might say young Dominic should model his approach on this man. Ohhhmmmmm

It was clear he was out for months, the club are stringing the fans out week by week as it keeps the pressure off about not signing a replacement.

If they’d have come out and said he was out 2/3 months from the start it looks ten times worse.

Male models don’t get paid that well apparently.

He must have made enough money in his career to have a few million in the bank.

I just dont see what good it does him or us to keep going through the same cycle its clear his body has become shot at this level - the PL takes its toll on you the pace and physicality of it.

He had all of pre season last summer and still broke down again.

Maybe in the Championship if we go down the slightly slower place might help him I just dunno anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.