2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate but thats not true, there are a few things but I don't doubt we have tried them already. There is a cortisone based steroid stuff they use with a lot of athletes/cyclists and there is also a special blood plasma injection which has a very high platelet count. Both have risks as all they are really doing is encouraging a "Fast repair" not necessarily a better one and as such it depends on the individual involved and their injury history.

I'm not a physio, but had a look online at a few bits and bobs. I think the cortisone injections are more for hamstring tendon inflammation rather than hamstring muscle tears.

Could be wrong. It's one of those I think is best left to the Everton backroom team and not us muppets on here lol.

I'm not a physio, but had a look online at a few bits and bobs. I think the cortisone injections are more for hamstring tendon inflammation rather than hamstring muscle tears.

Could be wrong. It's one of those I think is best left to the Everton backroom team and not us muppets on here lol.
So you’re saying, Neil from Noggsy, who has had two cans of Carling for breakfast before getting on the coach, doesn’t know more than a physio?

Remarkable.

Well I work as a physiologist and as far as I am aware you can use cortisone for both tears and inflammations. I am not a rehab person nor am I a sports therapist so can't talk in huge detail about the recovery process. Injuries like this are usually best healed with lots of good quality sleep and time doing not very much and letting your body do it's thing with a bit of basic stretching.

Sorry but all these short term fixes being discussed like injections etc. are just dumb. He’s currently an Everton football player but beyond his 30’s he’s just a normal bloke. Let’s not risk him having permanent health problems till the day he dies just to try save this stupid club.
Hence I said in my original post they are 'quick fixes' and not really the answer, I would never suggest anyone get them personally. Muscular problems are best healed by time.

So you’re saying, Neil from Noggsy, who has had two cans of Carling for breakfast before getting on the coach, doesn’t know more than a physio?

Remarkable.
Well now, let's not be hasty here. Neil's a good lad and I've long held the view Carling is the elixir of truth and higher knowledge.

Neil, if you're reading, please get a six pack down you and sort out Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Sorry but all these short term fixes being discussed like injections etc. are just dumb. He’s currently an Everton football player but beyond his 30’s he’s just a normal bloke. Let’s not risk him having permanent health problems till the day he dies just to try save this stupid club.
It’s a hamstring mate…… hardly life changing

I reckon he’s playing.
There are normally training videos and photos all over the place but I haven’t seen any at all this week.
Hopefully keeping his participation under wraps?
Unless I’ve probably missed the videos.

Anti vax scum, are you against medical science????
This is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.