2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but all these short term fixes being discussed like injections etc. are just dumb. He’s currently an Everton football player but beyond his 30’s he’s just a normal bloke. Let’s not risk him having permanent health problems till the day he dies just to try save this stupid club.
This response is too rational for this board.

I just find it incredible at this point people still believe his problems keeping him out of starting games right now are of a physical nature.

COYB!

John.
You may have already said, but I haven't seen, what do you think is keeping him out

Would absolutely love to see Dom start today and get an hour under his belt. I'm confident we'd stay up if he can string 10 games together, but therein lies the problem.

Club do him no favours with the fans. Lack of info allows people to fill the space and create their own narrative.

The comments about him being 'physically fit' were strange to me. Surely the club should have known that this wouldn't help him.

They should have just played up the the thigh injury and said he's not quite there yet.

You're correct, I haven't already said, but I think he has perhaps been having mental health issues recently as opposed to physical health issues.

COYB!

John.
I think it’s probably a mixture of both, sometimes the distraction of playing football can help mental health issues.

They never said he was available either.
They said he went off for a precaution against Arsenal. That was 5 games ago.

If the lad needs time just say rather than week to week vague comments on time frames. We are desperate for him to get fit (our only hope imo) so they should be trying to manage expectations.

I've big concerns for the player at this point. I will never ever understand the fact they decided not to sign a replacement for him.

They said he went off for a precaution against Arsenal. That was 5 games ago.

If the lad needs time just say rather than week to week vague comments on time frames. We are desperate for him to get fit (our only hope imo) so they should be trying to manage expectations.

I've big concerns for the player at this point. I will never ever understand the fact they decided not to sign a replacement for him.

Dyche has said in every presser since that game he’s not available. It was only the last one he was a bit more vague about it but if we see how Patterson and Garner are being reintroduced he was never playing today. Not sure if everyone’s brains have melted but people seem to be getting confused with an opaque situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.