2022/23 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen anything that suggests he's willing to play through the pain barrier like Richarlison, who was supposedly having weekly injections to play last season? That's what I'm saying - I'm not knocking the kid.
It's uneducated guess on my part, no one knows what the actual issue is, how bad it is, and whatever the problem Dom is well within his rights to not play if he doesn't feel comfortable doing so. There shouldn't be the pressure on him to be fit or to play through the pain, the club has failed him repeatedly by not bringing in adequate reinforcements and it's depressing as (insert expletive here) that our season could potentially hinge on a player who's struggled with injuries for 3 seasons now.
We need players that will run through brick walls between now and the end of the season - my baseless opinion is Dom can't/won't do that

Yeh, coming back early from his injury back end of last season to play the last 4 games whilst scoring twice and grabbing an assist to help us stay up.

This is my takeaway from everything when all added together, it is not looking good.

The real sad thing is , this could of all been prevented years ago by having people with foresight and the intelligence to plan for any potential issues long term. A culture that suits the many not the few has really come home.

You can’t run a professional outfit by scurrying around trying to solve problems last minute or not all and not expect any consequences.

Every time a transfer window opens there was a sense that something urgent needed fixing or there was a disappointment or issue not remedied so we had to wait till the next transfer window to solve more problems. Like trying to fix a gaping wound with cello tape or just sleep it off.

You could see it a mile off years ago but was dismissed with comments like “Rome wasn’t built in a day” or “just get behind the team”. It’s infuriating.

We should not be in a position where a single player’s fitness and contributions are the deciding factor in whether we’ll stay up or not. But somehow, that might be the exact position we’re in.

And that player is not fit. A lot.

It’s inexplicable that we’re in this mess.

I know its not his fault with injuries but how much longer are we going to have to wait to get him fit. Dyche said today he needs time to get fit, after all the time he has been out how much more time, 2 years 3 years. I think we need to forget about DLC and move on.

Agree. Why on earth we didn’t wait until we’d secured another forward to sanction that I don’t know.
We had brought simms back as his replacement essentially. And with the zero impact rondon had, simms can’t do worse.

I think people are forgetting just how bad rondon was for us because it allows more anger at the board (which I’m fine with) but rondon should have left with Benitez, but at the latest last summer.

Yeh, coming back early from his injury back end of last season to play the last 4 games whilst scoring twice and grabbing an assist to help us stay up.
Dom literally came back early twice under Benitez - against medical advice - and made the problem a lot worse.

Lampard was better than Benitez, he really listened to the medical team, but still needed him fit.

Dyche literally said after the Arsenal game that it was 'high risk, high reward' to play Dom.

This idea people have planted in their heads that he's a wimp - which is based on the fact he did some modelling, FFS - is just stupid. Sums up a large mentality issue with a section of our fanbase, though.

We had brought simms back as his replacement essentially. And with the zero impact rondon had, simms can’t do worse.

I think people are forgetting just how bad rondon was for us because it allows more anger at the board (which I’m fine with) but rondon should have left with Benitez, but at the latest last summer.
This is true tbf.

But the issue is Simms shouldn't be here either and unlike Rondon we're negatively impacting his development and ultimately the fee we'd be able to recoup for him.

He will never make it at Everton, if Everton are in the Premier League. He's the same age as Haaland.

Status
Not open for further replies.