2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the game back and I don't think he was poor at all. Good connection on the goal, should have done better with the corner volley, corner header was just a mix up and the deflected chance near the end was solid with Kouyate's foot there deflecting anyway. Lots of aimless punts up to him where I'm not expecting him to win all against two absolute units at the back (who both had great games) but won what he could, won some free-kicks.

He's nowhere near as involved as he was last season but I'd rather him be in the 6-yard box every time a ball is swung in rather than him on the left-wing trying to do a swift one-two.

Just watched the game back and I don't think he was poor at all. Good connection on the goal, should have done better with the corner volley, corner header was just a mix up and the deflected chance near the end was solid with Kouyate's foot there deflecting anyway. Lots of aimless punts up to him where I'm not expecting him to win all against two absolute units at the back (who both had great games) but won what he could, won some free-kicks.

He's nowhere near as involved as he was last season but I'd rather him be in the 6-yard box every time a ball is swung in rather than him on the left-wing trying to do a swift one-two.
This.

I have seen centre forwards since the GV who tbh honest on his day was unplayable, but he admitted himself some games he went missing - Roy Vernon bailed him out , yet the fans adored the GV as he was a unique CF .....I have never witnessed the adulation for the GV by the fans in all my time being a blue .....apart from Bally who was World Class.....
DCL is a traditional no 9'as Sharpy was he hopefully get even better the potential is there he has the work ethic of my hero Joe Royle .......he is still learning, never yet the finished article ....
The Latch again was a total different striker to Joe Royle etc etc.....but another legend in our long list of no 9s
DCL has only just started down that route he needs the encouraging of the fans to succeed if he is to make it big time it's early days , but I seen the potential two seasons ago .......
Well said Joey...and youre right about the Vision. He went missing quite a lot, in away games in particular. Vernon on the other hand was hard,and the one who was always under the radar and never got well deserved praise was Dennis Stevens. The engine room, a bit like Allan

come off it, any keeper should be saving that.

He missed a free header against WBA from about 4 yards and then missed a sitter yesterday from a corner.

I'm glad he is scoring goals, really am... but in a really big game those chances i mentioned need to be slotted

The keeper did well to get a hand on it, but the power on the shot was too strong.

I didnt see the free header, I saw one where he fought off Bartley but couldn't get in the right position to score.

Strikers miss chances. It's better than not being good enough to get any chances. The lads is absolutely top draw, and the best number 9 in the league, by some distance. They are just the facts of it I'm afraid. There is not a single player who we would swap him for at the moment.

I saw some people mention Kane a while back. Did they not see Kane against us on the opening day? Hes levels below Calvert Lewin now.

The keeper did well to get a hand on it, but the power on the shot was too strong.

I didnt see the free header, I saw one where he fought off Bartley but couldn't get in the right position to score.

Strikers miss chances. It's better than not being good enough to get any chances. The lads is absolutely top draw, and the best number 9 in the league, by some distance. They are just the facts of it I'm afraid. There is not a single player who we would swap him for at the moment.

I saw some people mention Kane a while back. Did they not see Kane against us on the opening day? Hes levels below Calvert Lewin now.

Kane is miles better than Lewin you madman.

He’s starting to put away the easy chances he gets himself set up for. Which we always said if he can aim away from the keeper he’s score loads. That’s I’m his role. Be in the right place at the right time in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.