Not open for further replies.
This thread is border line Parody.

Some shouts are crazy.

‘Shearer-esque’
‘Better than Lukaku’
‘World class’ :confused:
‘Best no9 in the league’
‘Better than Kane’

I get that some on here rate him but come on.

He had a good spell last season but overall was poor, few tap ins later (bar the Spurs goal) and he’s a world beater. :zzz:

Some shouts are crazy.

‘Shearer-esque’
‘Better than Lukaku’
‘Best no9 in the league’
‘Better than Kane’

He had a good spell last season but overall was poor, few tap ins later (bar the Spurs goal) and he’s a world beater. :zzz:

Another crap 2020 sign up poster to burn on the pile.

You have to give Ancelloti and Dunc credit for his development. The lad is one of the best headers of the ball at the moment and Ancelloti's advice about finishing with one touch and staying central has paid off so far. He's becoming an all round striker.

I would love to see him improve with his one on one's and shooting from 18 yards.. But while he's poaching goals every week I'll keep praising him.

He's clearly buzzing and full of confidence at the moment, again I'm going to give some of that to how he's being coached.

I have seen centre forwards since the GV who tbh honest on his day was unplayable, but he admitted himself some games he went missing - Roy Vernon bailed him out , yet the fans adored the GV as he was a unique CF .....I have never witnessed the adulation for the GV by the fans in all my time being a blue .....apart from Bally who was World Class.....
DCL is a traditional no 9'as Sharpy was he hopefully get even better the potential is there he has the work ethic of my hero Joe Royle .......he is still learning, never yet the finished article ....
The Latch again was a total different striker to Joe Royle etc etc.....but another legend in our long list of no 9s
DCL has only just started down that route he needs the encouraging of the fans to succeed if he is to make it big time it's early days , but I seen the potential two seasons ago .......
Spot on Joey, I've watched them all since the GV through Boomer, Big Joe , Sharpie Linaker, Yak , Lukaku, and now Dom. One thing they all have in common is that they all miss sitters.
If that wasn't the case Dixie's record would not still be standing after all these years.

Some shouts are crazy.

‘Shearer-esque’
‘Better than Lukaku’
‘Best no9 in the league’
‘Better than Kane’

Who is saying any of those things?

The keeper did well to get a hand on it, but the power on the shot was too strong.

I didnt see the free header, I saw one where he fought off Bartley but couldn't get in the right position to score.

Strikers miss chances. It's better than not being good enough to get any chances. The lads is absolutely top draw, and the best number 9 in the league, by some distance. They are just the facts of it I'm afraid. There is not a single player who we would swap him for at the moment.

I saw some people mention Kane a while back. Did they not see Kane against us on the opening day? Hes levels below Calvert Lewin now.
The fee header he lept like a salmon he thundered a header on target it hit our centre halves back of his a head about 12 inches away, and saved them....
Unfortunate, but on here it was a miss I seen Kane early on miss two easier chances .......

Some shouts are crazy.

‘Shearer-esque’
‘Better than Lukaku’
‘Best no9 in the league’
‘Better than Kane’

He’s a long way to go for any of those shouts, but he improves year on year.
There are so many young players burst on the scene and then gradually dissapear, he’s a throwback to the old style.
He doesn’t act like he’s already made it, he works hard, no ego and wants to improve day after day.

He could go through his career never being as good as Lukaku and still be better than most of our strikers in last 20 years.

He’s a long way to go for any of those shouts, but he improves year on year.
There are so many young players burst on the scene and then gradually dissapear, he’s a throwback to the old style.
He doesn’t act like he’s already made it, he works hard, no ego and wants to improve day after day.

He could go through his career never being as good as Lukaku and still be better than most of our strikers in last 20 years.
SO?

Some shouts are crazy.

‘Shearer-esque’
‘Better than Lukaku’
‘Best no9 in the league’
‘Better than Kane’

How to make friends and influence people right there.

I don't think many think that way and if they do football is about hyperbole. That's the whole point, if we were 100% realistic all the time then the samaritans would be flat out answering our calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.