2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 goals will be success in my opinion.
15 from Richy
30 from 4 midfielders (7-10 each)

That would make for an amazing improvement this year.

Basically need 60 goals from our front 6

Though improved, I think 30 goals from midfield is too much, think the defense needs to chip in with ~10 myself, a few from corners, the odd free kick from Digne, Coleman used to be good for a few goals need to see him or whoever we may have at RB chipping in with a few goals and assists.

I hate this attitude of people saying I told you so because a kid didn’t become top class. I reckon Pickford is crap but if he has a top season this year I’ll be delighted.

DCL is already good enough to lead the line for most premier league teams which at his age is impressive. He’s not as good as Richarlison though so some reckon he must be crap.

Richarlison has more talent than DCL but they ended up with similar goal tallies. Instead of praising DCL for getting to that level though some like to bash him for not having as good technique as Richarlison. People don’t seem to ask as much why Richarlison hasn’t scored more given his talent, they seem to criticise DCL instead.

20 goals from the lad this season. He scored 13 last season with virtually no service at all and this season he is going to be inundated with service. He will miss loads of course but will score loads too which is just fine by me.

Got to give the lad a fair crack of the whip with the new midfield, he should get fed more, be doing less back to the goal stuff now, he got 15 without a midfield so he surely has to produce now. Big season for Dominic, please shut the 'its a purple patch' posse up, it's very unfair given how far he has come.

This ... him running clear through from a James through ball .. and somehow diespite apparently being the fastest player in the league , not being able to get away from a defender , taking a crap first touch that takes him wide and then him barging into the defender and throwing himself to the floor looking for a pen ... his going to happen a lot this season
Really he scored 15 league goals with a shocking midfield - OK he spoons the odd chance, but 15 goals is not a bad return when he cost very little...... the more chances he gets the more goals he will score......

Really he scored 15 league goals with a shocking midfield - OK he spoons the odd chance, but 15 goals is not a bad return when he cost very little...... the more chances he gets the more goals he will score......

Stopped reading after “ scored 15 league goals”.

Didn’t he come close last year? Now he has a midfield to feed him.

Yeah I’m theory it makes sense he will score more . He will also miss a lot more because he’s crap at shooting . No matter how you view it he’s a bad finisher and any goals he score will be less than a player that can actually finish. I don’t see why people can’t understand that having a striker than can’t finish is not as good as having one that is good at it

Status
Not open for further replies.