2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now he will get better service , and not be stuck up front with nobody near him like under silva we will soon find out how good he is, he has improved every season for us.
If he carries that on he will do for me.
The thing is with his improvement is he doesn’t have to improve his all round game and link up play at all. All he needs to improve on is his finishing and dribbling. He’s got incredible work rate, he’s fast, he’s strong, he’s good in the air, he just lacks that clinical nature that Richy has.

If DCL can't better last seasons tally with an assist machine behind him then he deserves punting but I think once he starts getting more than on chance per game his numbers will go up and people won't be as focused on his glaring misses. All 3 DCL, Rich and Kean should all find having James behind will help them immeasurably

I think his finishing can be fairly scruffy, but he still finds the back of the net. His aerial ability really is something special and I think it’s something that he’ll come to dominate with. If a cross is coming at him I have confidence in him at least getting a decent header on target. His back to goal and hold up play is coming on leaps and bounds by he can still be quite hesitant releasing the ball which slows us down sometimes. All in all I think he’ll flourish over these next couple of years.

He does have a really bad habit of making easy goals look like hard work but if they go in I'm not really arsed, It's not an ideal habit though.
I expect big things for the boy this season with players like Doucoure and Rodriguez giving us that bit of finesse and helping our boy DCL out.

Big season for him. No more excuses now that he has a good midfield behind him. The frustrating thing is that he does all the things that fans like to see - work rate, battling hard, closing down etc..., and has the height and speed, but just lacks that something which you need. Hope I am wrong but I cannot see it working out for him unfortunately and reckon Kean may over take him in the starting line up before long

He does have a really bad habit of making easy goals look like hard work but if they go in I'm not really arsed, It's not an ideal habit though.
I expect big things for the boy this season with players like Doucoure and Rodriguez giving us that bit of finesse and helping our boy DCL out.

He nearly missed that open goal away at newcastle last season. Its a valid point. He scuffs so many.
He's the one i really cant make my mind up on. He could be a beast or end up at brighton.
I hope he is doing extra training on his finishing. Its needed. You hear top drawer players like ronaldo in the past used to stay behind and work on that. If its good enough for him its good enough for lewin.
He's got a chance to grab the Everton number 9 shirt here if he's good enough. And hungry enough.
Fingers crossed.

Can't wait to see him with a good team supporting him this season.If he can find the same menacing form from the middle of the season, he'll score loads.

These signings will change his role completely, gone for the most part will be back to goal, holding the ball up, giving the back four breathing space, it will be knock and go, running onto through balls and tap ins at the back post
Time to deliver

DCL needs to start thinking now we have a possibly exceptional midfield. He has to create dangerous space and learn how to do it. You always see the better strikers seemingly having time on the ball because of creating space for themselves. If he can do that then he will be serviced well.We can only wait and see....but I don't think he will be allowed that much time to prove he can do it

I think his finishing can be fairly scruffy, but he still finds the back of the net. His aerial ability really is something special and I think it’s something that he’ll come to dominate with. If a cross is coming at him I have confidence in him at least getting a decent header on target. His back to goal and hold up play is coming on leaps and bounds by he can still be quite hesitant releasing the ball which slows us down sometimes. All in all I think he’ll flourish over these next couple of years.

His heading towards goal needs a lot of work. Back to goal he's fine. Thats his strong point at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.