2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
£50 million but I wouldn’t sell him anyway.

He’s a brilliant player, alongside Digne and Richarlison he’s in out top 3 prior to the new signings.

I’m not sure we’re the bitterness comes from towards him. I assume it’s those who couldn’t see his ability and potential when he first came on the scene and are now in denial.

You wouldn’t sell him for 50m ? I’m just asking to clarify what I have read .

We will regret relying on him this season.

This ... him running clear through from a James through ball .. and somehow diespite apparently being the fastest player in the league , not being able to get away from a defender , taking a crap first touch that takes him wide and then him barging into the defender and throwing himself to the floor looking for a pen ... his going to happen a lot this season

This ... him running clear through from a James through ball .. and somehow diespite apparently being the fastest player in the league , not being able to get away from a defender , taking a crap first touch that takes him wide and then him barging into the defender and throwing himself to the floor looking for a pen ... his going to happen a lot this season
Exactly

All strikers mess up chances. Even the very best have taken fat touches or had horrible finishes. He should just be judged on his goal return accordingly now he has a decent midfield behind him. If he misses way too much then fine he’ll probably be dropped, but he scored 13 in a team last season that barely created anything so I don’t know why there’s an expectation he’ll miss a lot. Of course what there is however, are a load of posters wanting to say I told you so because they banged on about how rubbish DCL was and won’t change their mind at all now, so will be waiting for the first time he messes up anything to say ‘see I told you he’s rubbish get rid’

So it’s the footballing bit of playing football he struggles with ... I’m aligned
If you think football is purely about dribbling and finishing then sure, he’s crap.
I think he gives defenders a hard time, holds the ball up well, wins loads of aerial battles and links up with other attackers nicely.
I don’t think he’s great at running with the ball and his finishing is not good enough at top level. He’s also a kid who made massive improvements last year and if he just learned how to slot would be a top striker imo

All strikers mess up chances. Even the very best have taken fat touches or had horrible finishes. He should just be judged on his goal return accordingly now he has a decent midfield behind him. If he misses way too much then fine he’ll probably be dropped, but he scored 13 in a team last season that barely created anything so I don’t know why there’s an expectation he’ll miss a lot. Of course what there is however, are a load of posters wanting to say I told you so because they banged on about how rubbish DCL was and won’t change their mind at all now, so will be waiting for the first time he messes up anything to say ‘see I told you he’s rubbish get rid’
I hate this attitude of people saying I told you so because a kid didn’t become top class. I reckon Pickford is crap but if he has a top season this year I’ll be delighted.

DCL is already good enough to lead the line for most premier league teams which at his age is impressive. He’s not as good as Richarlison though so some reckon he must be crap.

well if he does better than 13 goals last season, then he is actually becoming a serious player.

Whether he bumbles them in or smashes top bin, the more he scores the more ego he will get and will translate into growth. 2 in 2 for preseason to be fair

Im rooting for you bro
15 goals will be success in my opinion.
15 from Richy
30 from 4 midfielders (7-10 each)

That would make for an amazing improvement this year.

Basically need 60 goals from our front 6

15 goals will be success in my opinion.
15 from Richy
30 from 4 midfielders (7-10 each)

That would make for an amazing improvement this year.

Basically need 60 goals from our front 6

i think he will get them, at the moment he is one of the most confident players in our team, he has got a swag to him now, he expects to be in the goals, and those are dangerous players, because it always rubs their way

Status
Not open for further replies.