2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 100 appearances and real life James Rodriguez behind him. Should be easily beating his tally from last year. Feel he will be moved on if not, Carlo aint waiting around

Rated him from the off. Always clear to see the potential, plus his athleticism & workrate. Delighted to see him silence a few bedwetters.

Still think we need 4 strikers for competition & rotation. We’ve ruined so many players over the years due to shortage of competition. If our 1st choice players could walk, they played. No allowance for niggling injuries or dips in form & no one to push them.

Imagine a Cavani or Lewendowski type. Proven class with 2 more good years. A proper finished article centre forward for DCL to learn from & allow him to develop.

Even from a yard out he makes hard work of it, at least he seems to have developed a bit of a lucky streak in them situations though. If he shave off the manbun it would instantly make him better
I came in here looking for this from you.

Didn’t disappoint.

Still think that he won't be fully developed as a player for another couple of seasons. His progress last season was the sort of progress he needed in my eyes to fulfill that potential in him.

It's still a gamble to keep him for what he will be like in a couple of seasons time, but if he keeps progressing at the rate he is progressing at then I am happy with him in the squad and team.

For the record I see him being a Drogba type striker eventually, but Drogba turned up in the premier league having done all the hard work that was needed to develop himself; before he got to Chelsea at the age of 26 so very few of us saw his development. DCL is 23 so has 3 years to get to anything like Drogba's level when he appeared on the scene. It's a huge ask that I am making for him to get to that level.

a lot on here would have complained about Drogba’s goal returns in most of his seasons.

He managed to score 13 playing in front of the worst midfield in the league and which any striker would have struggled playing with. Lets see what the lad can do when he is playing in front of a much better and stronger midfield.

I have a feeling he will score quite a few and i don't really care if he misses loads as long as he scores loads too.

Should be an interesting season.

Status
Not open for further replies.