2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I say performed I mean goals, I haven't checked Greenwood overall goals but it wouldn't surprise me if he did better, Seriously he's a top talent.

Greenwood got 17 in all comps 10 in the prem

Considering he plays in the right of the 3 and be only really began to start after lockdown, some player he's going to be as you say

DCL back on topic scored one made our pen ....yet the doubters still moan on here .....
We need a creative midfield for DCL and Rhico .,...
Agree we need more creativity and now it looks like we have it, but I have still seen DCL miss far too many easy opportunities. Maybe next window we can bring in a striker if these two don’t cut it

Agree we need more creativity and now it looks like we have it, but I have still seen DCL miss far too many easy opportunities. Maybe next window we can bring in a striker if these two don’t cut it
He hardly gets any opportunities he matched our big money signing for goals with a creative midfield plus two good wingers we would be a team .....

Big season for DCL, if this midfield perform half as well as we expect, there will be no hiding place for him.
He's an experienced Pro now, time to put himself up there.

Big season for DCL, if this midfield perform half as well as we expect, there will be no hiding place for him.
He's an experienced Pro now, time to put himself up there.

Agreed. 134 appearances for Everton.

I expect something around 15 League goals for him this season but spread out more consistently.

Agreed. 134 appearances for Everton.

I expect something around 15 League goals for him this season but spread out more consistently.
I’m never fully convinced by him, but I can’t decide why. He’s not played in a great side which doesn’t help, but great players shine regardless. I don’t think I ever watch a game and think he was fabulous.
He’s a hard worker, not eye catching.
However he is increasing his goal tally year on year and he reminds me a little of a young Graham Sharpe.
Plenty within the football world rate him.
His goal tally last year was good, but he needs to show consistency. He can’t go nine games without a goal. That’s just not going to wash. He’ll need to perform this season or he will be replaced.

Still think that he won't be fully developed as a player for another couple of seasons. His progress last season was the sort of progress he needed in my eyes to fulfill that potential in him.

It's still a gamble to keep him for what he will be like in a couple of seasons time, but if he keeps progressing at the rate he is progressing at then I am happy with him in the squad and team.

For the record I see him being a Drogba type striker eventually, but Drogba turned up in the premier league having done all the hard work that was needed to develop himself; before he got to Chelsea at the age of 26 so very few of us saw his development. DCL is 23 so has 3 years to get to anything like Drogba's level when he appeared on the scene. It's a huge ask that I am making for him to get to that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.