2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He missed some chances but he was in the position to miss them, which previously he wouldn’t have been. He also put away the hardest chance he had. Dcl isn’t the problem, our problem is having a midfield that offers no protection for a ropey back four and a keeper devoid of confidence. Calvert Lewin currently can’t play on his own effectively but there are loads of strikers like that who have had very good prem careers. I think if Calvert Lewin has the same sort of career as Les Ferdinand most of us would be very happy and he seems to be on that type of trajectory.

Astonishing how much this lad has improved.

Always wondered what he showed in training to impress so many managers...

Dunno man I think it was clear that pretty much every part of his game, except slotting, was really good.

That said, I did fear he would be like a Rondon type. Great team player but no goal threat.

Least of our problems. Strikers have to be absolutely perfect when they’ve got the midfield we have behind them. If we got a decent midfield then he can be judged on his finishing. What do people expect him to do with punts from Pickford or crosses from Coleman more than he is already doing?

You can work as hard as you want with our slow midfield, and poor defence ATM.......score and still get slated on here as they want hat tricks every week.....

I'm with you Joey, our strikers are literally the last of our problems.

Gomes needs a good partner, we need an actual right winger, a better option at right back and a new goalie.

The likes of Sterling and Sancho would be playing very close to him though. Think he'd be alright in England's team tbf.

I think he'd at least be a low budget GIroud in the England team - good hold up play, good passing, great at chasing and closing down, super fit, and if he's still on his goalscoring run, then a man high on confidence and growing all the time

Least of our problems. Strikers have to be absolutely perfect when they’ve got the midfield we have behind them. If we got a decent midfield then he can be judged on his finishing. What do people expect him to do with punts from Pickford or crosses from Coleman more than he is already doing?

I agree. THe midfield is horrible. I feel that Davies must be doing something really bad to not get in ahead of Delph, Sigurdsson and Schneiderlin. I can't understand it - what have those guys got on Kenwright & Moshiri that they keep getting picked? lol

I don't think that's the issue mate. And i think you know that.

I agree he's the least of our problems but he / you / anyone can't be surprised he's getting some grief given the two misses from Richy crosses and the sitter he blazed straight at Leno. For the latter, he had the entire left of Leno's goal to slide the ball into. It was really poor.

But he's been great overall since Silva left. Lots to improve on still.

Status
Not open for further replies.