2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
For christ’s sake people love to overreact.

“He never scores a decent goal”
-Scores a wonder goal
“He’s never in the right place”
-actually scored quite a few by being... in the right place
“He doesn’t score literally every chance”

The goalposts will always move. I’ll settle for improvement- which he has improved leaps and bounds at 22. I’m very disappointed with him last weekend as well, but I recognize that it just doesn’t happen every weekend. Especially at a big ground away from home. Hopefully he continues to improve as he has and he becomes more clinical.

For christ’s sake people love to overreact.

“He never scores a decent goal”
-Scores a wonder goal
“He’s never in the right place”
-actually scored quite a few by being... in the right place
“He doesn’t score literally every chance”

The goalposts will always move. I’ll settle for improvement- which he has improved leaps and bounds at 22. I’m very disappointed with him last weekend as well, but I recognize that it just doesn’t happen every weekend. Especially at a big ground away from home. Hopefully he continues to improve as he has and he becomes more clinical.
[/QUOTE Totally agree with you, wouldn't it be marvellous if we could wangle the signing of Tammy from Chelsea? and give Niasse a decent run in the first team, I am so looking forward to next season.

He is certainly playing well of late.

The issue or test will be can it continue through next season and the seasons beyond.

That's the test and difference between good and great players.

He'll be good, however it certainly can become a great Everton centre forward.

Andy Cole missed 5 chances to score his 6th after moving from newcastle to United.

Hed previously scored loads for bristol and Newcastle...

DCL has 12...4 more and hes up there with Lukaku / Kanchelskis for top scorers since the 80s i think?

Andy Cole missed 5 chances to score his 6th after moving from newcastle to United.

DCL has 12...4 more and hes up there with Lukaku / Kanchelskis for top scorers since the 80s i think?

Jimmy Greaves, one of the best strikers to ever play the game said a top striker is probably looking at a 1 in 4 conversion rate. Of course we expect our striker to be 1 in 1.

If he hits another three then we’ll be in the unique position of sneering at a 22 year old striker who is hitting 15 league goals a season. Everyone else is saying how good he is and could be yet Everton fans are mining because he doesn’t score every chance and only scored scruffy goals.

If he hits another three then we’ll be in the unique position of sneering at a 22 year old striker who is hitting 15 league goals a season. Everyone else is saying how good he is and could be yet Everton fans are mining because he doesn’t score every chance and only scored scruffy goals.
The manager also feels he should be more ruthless with the amount of relatively easy chances he gets.

Still well short of Lukaku's 25, but yes 16+ is not to be sniffed at

Still well short of Lukaku's 25, but yes 16+ is not to be sniffed at
And dont forget, Lukaku got his goals by carving out chances himself; by and large, he never had the luxury of a strike partner taking defenders away from him and knocking balls down into his path.

There's no way DCL can play up front and lead the line on his own like Lukaku and most other PL strikers are asked to do.

And dont forget, Lukaku got his goals by carving out chances himself; by and large, he never had the luxury of a strike partner taking defenders away from him and knocking balls down into his path.

There's no way DCL can play up front and lead the line on his own like Lukaku and most other PL strikers are asked to do.

But we don't play one up front so why would that matter?

The manager also feels he should be more ruthless with the amount of relatively easy chances he gets.

The manager also starts him every game. I’d bet a lot that we won’t be buying a first choice striker this summer to move ahead of Calvert Lewin. Ancelotti rates him.

Status
Not open for further replies.