2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the man city squad miss chance after chance against Tottenham and United
Lewandowski last season was pretty horrid but still scored 19 goals by virtue of being on the end of enough chances. This season he's finishing well again and he might hit 30.

There's a lot to be said about him finding himself on the end of two sitters, even if he missed one.

I wasn't happy with Dom being our first choice striker at the beginning of the season but he is getting better and better and scoring fairly regularly.

His goal return is decent and he is 22. He is a definite positive this season and if he is good enough to for Carlo he is good enough for me.

Not many players available that are an improvement and if they are they would cost a bomb. Anyone from overseas would be a gamble.

Back on topic: I know what I think DCL would get us in terms of a fee right now: £25M-£30M - absolute top whack.

We should go for Kevin Volland at Leverkusen. Almost a 1:2 goals per game ratio for them since 2016. €18M they paid for him. An utter steal.

Dom cost £1.5m proper bargain.

Mate apart from that flick on that Richarleson went on to score what did he actually do, please dont say scored a goal my nan would have scored that.

The miss a few minutes later sums him up, he needs too many chances in a game to even look like scoring, yes his goal record has improved this season but how many of them have been from less than 2 yards out, yesterday should have had a hat trick

What did he actually do, apart from assist and score, tough task master you lad. He didn't have a great game yet had 2 very telling contributions. Getting tedious all the slating of a good young player who works his socks off and is as humble as anything.

Mate apart from that flick on that Richarleson went on to score what did he actually do, please dont say scored a goal my nan would have scored that.

The miss a few minutes later sums him up, he needs too many chances in a game to even look like scoring, yes his goal record has improved this season but how many of them have been from less than 2 yards out, yesterday should have had a hat trick
Beyond scoring one and assisting one, he pulled the right back away from Bernard for the opening goal.

It’s a bit weird not to acknowledge he made an important contribution to the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.