2019/20 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with some things you say Dave but if you would be happy to see a 22 year old. who has scored 14 goals this year go for 25 mil. all I can say is am glad Brands is are director of football an not you.
I wouldn't be happy about it. Id like to get £40M for him and get Volland in with it.

League one level.

Forget his age, he has had enough games here now for us to form a solid opinion and there isn't a thread of evidence to suggest this lad will go on and be a top striker and slot 15-20 goals in a season. He just doesn't have it, plain and simple.

This will be his last season at Everton

Really hope you're right mate.

Sick of seeing the lad in our shirt same as Tosun and Niasse.

The Unholy Trinity

Sell, joke of a number 9, will never be a premiership player

CRIKEY

He's getting taps and being given a massive hand by playing alongside Richarlison who does the lion's share of the attacking work.

He'd be lost in any other system than 442.

We all know that.

And?

We play 4-4-2 so hes not lost is he? Tap ins do not result in less goals. And he is forming a good partnership with Richarlison then?

I don't get your logic here. His past record is irrelevant as he was playing in a different scenario, different players, different set up, different managers. This is why stats are worth nothing.

Why would you be concerned about us playing a different formation? Its working right now and as long as it keeps working we should all be happy.

Back on topic: I know what I think DCL would get us in terms of a fee right now: £25M-£30M - absolute top whack.

We should go for Kevin Volland at Leverkusen. Almost a 1:2 goals per game ratio for them since 2016. €18M they paid for him. An utter steal.
1:2 goals per game, and makes almost as many assists.

I'd have DCL down the road in a heartbeat to get Volland in. Anyone would.
49 in 132 games is "almost 1 in 2" these days is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.