Status
Not open for further replies.
David nugent has played for england

Michael ricketts has played for england

francis Jeffers has played for england

Jay bothroyd has played for engand

you can see where I am going with this?
Let's not forget Carlton Cole.

Not a bad comparison that actually because Cole was another one who you'd heavily bet against when presented with an easy chance or 1v1.

Improve a bit this season but still not a natural finisher
We will need a natural finisher if we are serious about top 4
All the top 6 have what I would call a natural finisher
Salad / Mane
Aguero
Vardy
Kane
Abraham
PEA
It’s what we lack and 25 goals from 22 games shows it.
Not our first priority but it needs to be addressed

He does score tho.

8 prem goals at this stage of the season isnt a bad return for a young striker

8 goals from how many games though? How many goals from open play? (I think there are a couple of penalties in there). I don't know the stats but I would guess 'one goal every three games' is about right. Not what we need. Don't know the stats for 'missed chances' either but doubt they would make good reading.

I know it is mate, but at nearly 23 you should have some level of consistency to your game

right now he hasn't, we'll have a clearer idea at the end of the season whether or not he keeps his December form up

He does need to improve his consistency, but i would argue its rare to find a player 23 or younger who consistently performs every week in the premier league.

For context he's only scored 2 less prem goals than Salah this year.

Hes benefitting from playing in a 2 up front as opposed to leading the line on his own so as long as we keep playing this way under Carlo i think we will continue to see improved performances from Dom

8 goals from how many games though? How many goals from open play? (I think there are a couple of penalties in there). I don't know the stats but I would guess 'one goal every three games' is about right. Not what we need. Don't know the stats for 'missed chances' either but doubt they would make good reading.

There are no penalties in there. We havent had a penalty all season.

As I've just said in the previous post hes only scored 2 less than Salah and 3 less than Mane despite the fact that the pair of them have played more games than him.

Don't hear anyone complaining about the strike rate for either of them 2 and theyre both players in their prime not 22 year olds

He does need to improve his consistency, but i would argue its rare to find a player 23 or younger who consistently performs every week in the premier league.

For context he's only scored 2 less prem goals than Salah this year.

Hes benefitting from playing in a 2 up front as opposed to leading the line on his own so as long as we keep playing this way under Carlo i think we will continue to see improved performances from Dom

Salah has been consistent for 2 and a half years though hasn't he, IE regular goals in that time

DCL hasn't, his goal return MINUS December has been far below average, his one good scoring month takes his "average" up

as I said, it's all about consistency, if he can keep his form up then it's sound, otherwise we have a striker who doesn't score goals for the majority of the season but bangs in a load in 1 month

Status
Not open for further replies.