2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should bring the man in my avatar in to teach him the fine art of being a centre forward, though alas it cannot be taught....

The lad is in top shape per usual. Can’t fault him for professionalism in that regard. He needs to be working on his ball control and finishing 24/7. Let’s hope we see a new improved DCL next year.

Hope he scores 30 this season and pipes down people.

As I said, hes scored more goals than Harry Kane and CR7 had at his age.

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
I’d wager most of these kids look like Ronaldinho in their training sessions, but it really boils down to showing composure on the pitch. Our beloved Bernard was slipping as if somebody removed the floor from beneath him for half a season.

He really got it together after spending some time in the league and became vital to the side. Maybe Dom will get it. Perhaps not. I’m willing to give him a shot though because he easily has the physical tools to make it. I’d like to see him get it together like Bernard did.

I’d wager most of these kids look like Ronaldinho in their training sessions, but it really boils down to showing composure on the pitch. Our beloved Bernard was slipping as if somebody removed the floor from beneath him for half a season.

He really got it together after spending some time in the league and became vital to the side. Maybe Dom will get it. Perhaps not. I’m willing to give him a shot though because he easily has the physical tools to make it. I’d like to see him get it together like Bernard did.

The boy needs to improve, a LOT, but never say never.

It’s very refreshing when you look at lads much older than Dom, Lingard at Man U for example, posting embarrassing [Poor language removed] on their social media and acting like bells and then you see Dom looking like he’s not once taken his eyes off the prize of being our number 9.

I would obviously prefer us to sign a proven goal scorer but if the lads gonna get another chance, fair play to him for doing everything he can to take it.

I like the lad a lot cause he seems to be giving it 100% to be as good as he can. He's got great physical attributes and is going to be an important player. He needs help though. He doesn't score enough goals to be our only striker. No team can rely on just one forward no matter how good they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.