2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if that is the case then let us get someone else in that can create space for Siggy and Rico but also knows where the net is when 1 or both of those are having an off day.

This is getting twisted out of proportion now that DCL is now responsible for the goals Siggy and Rico have scored.

All we want is our striker to get goals. DCL is not there yet but no one is writing him off.
We had one in lukaku, i think we finished in 11th place in the table in his last 2 seasons

No it doesn’t. It’s really that simple.

I like DCL, I think he’s come in leaps and bounds and personally I think he can be good enough to be our main striker in time. To do that he needs to be able to score a decent amount of goals though, because you’re right, it’s a team game, and just expecting 2 players to carry our entire goal scoring burden is not how team games work.
If he was missing sitters every week I'd agree with you,but he's working so hard across the opponents back line he very rarely finds himself in a position to score.

If he was missing sitters every week I'd agree with you,but he's working so hard across the opponents back line he very rarely finds himself in a position to score.
Which has been addressed numerous times in this thread, including in my post that you responded to originally. Working the back line is great, honestly it is, all people are saying is that some players appear to be able to work the back line and get in positions to score, and if he can do that he will be ready to be our main striker.

Inappropriate Language
Are u posting this crap from a cell in Arkham?!?

Bent scored 113 goals in 574 games
Bergkamp 264 in 734 games

I'm not Albert Einstein like ...

Bent...... 271 prem games - 105 goals
Bergkamp.... 315 prem games - 87 goals

It's not fookin difficult lad.... Albert Einstein? More like Albert Steptoe

First rule of stats - establish a comparative basis.

But they’re totally different players

Ahhh...... different players!!!! Bingo........ is it quite possible that DCL is a different player and one that we are highlighting as being a synergistic influence on the players around him.... has it taken me to compare Darren Bent to Bergkamp for this to be understood?

Disclaimer for anyone who struggles with comprehension..... I am not saying DCL is as good as bergkamp not mantvwerebin a footnalling oerspective....Bergkamp used a rare footballing talent to make a difference for his team..... DCL has unique atheltic attributes which are physically effective and also have a positive impact.

He’s a slightly better than this man. Both run into the ground, both good in the air and both awful in front of goal. Congratulations to Denis Calvert-Lewin

EF207AB0-F87F-4CCB-849C-D22D436532AA.jpeg

Well if that is the case then let us get someone else in that can create space for Siggy and Rico but also knows where the net is when 1 or both of those are having an off day.

This is getting twisted out of proportion now that DCL is now responsible for the goals Siggy and Rico have scored.

All we want is our striker to get goals. DCL is not there yet but no one is writing him off.

Name those players who can physically do what DCL does but score a hatful...

Benzema. Suarez, mandzukic..... struggle for others.

Benzema is actually a good example of a player who sacrificed goals for the good of the team. He provided space and opportunities to ronaldo and kept out better goalscorers like huguian

Ahhh...... different players!!!! Bingo........ is it quite possible that DCL is a different player and one that we are highlighting as being a synergistic influence on the players around him.... has it taken me to compare Darren Bent to Bergkamp for this to be understood?

Disclaimer for anyone who struggles with comprehension..... I am not saying DCL is as good as bergkamp not mantvwerebin a footnalling oerspective....Bergkamp used a rare footballing talent to make a difference for his team..... DCL has unique atheltic attributes which are physically effective and also have a positive impact.

You are missing the point. DCL could play as one one two strikers , but as a lone striker he needs to score goals . Arsenal had wright and Henry . Bergkamp was more similar to Beardsley also Bergkamp scores more than 1 in 4 during his 20’s the 1 to 4 ratio may be correct but he played into his 30’s and wasn’t prolific In His 30’s

You are missing the point. DCL could play as one one two strikers , but as a lone striker he needs to score goals . Arsenal had wright and Henry . Bergkamp was more similar to Beardsley also Bergkamp scores more than 1 in 4 during his 20’s the 1 to 4 ratio may be correct but he played into his 30’s and wasn’t prolific In His 30’s
I cant work out why a team would keep using BERGKAMP in his thirties if he were not a prolific scorer? Possibly he offered other things to the TEAM'S performance

I cant work out why a team would keep using BERGKAMP in his thirties if he were not a prolific scorer? Possibly he offered other things to the TEAM'S performance

He was support striker , like siggy for us. He’s not a lone striker and the only striker in the team. He was capable of wining matches with a moment of magic, he had the X factor and would walk into nearly every team the prem has ever seen

He was support striker , like siggy for us. He’s not a lone striker and the only striker in the team. He was capable of wining matches with a moment of magic, he had the X factor and would walk into nearly every team the prem has ever seen

Benzema was a lone striker for Real Madrid..... far less prolific than Higuain yet got selected.... He scored 11 league goals or less in 4 seasons and had played on average 30 games in those seasons and they won trophies...... explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.