2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He put in an excellent performance today. He continues to grow exponentially with minutes on the pitch.
I am confident he will lead our line next season and firmly believe by this time next year he will have become a top forward who other clubs will envy.
We do need someone to replace Tosun as an option off the bench however.

He just isn't a good enough finisher mate.

He's great at most other stuff, but then tends to slow our play down at the wrong time and in terms of taking his chances, he isn't up to scratch.

We need a player to be first choice who we can rely on to get our 15 goals. That isn't Dom. But it shouldn't be him if we want to get where we want to be.

He's great at most other stuff, but then tends to slow our play down at the wrong time and in terms of taking his chances, he isn't up to scratch.

We need a player to be first choice who we can rely on to get our 15 goals. That isn't Dom. But it shouldn't be him if we want to get where we want to be.
I respectfully disagree. He has shown he is a capable finisher and his goal return for a young forward in an inconsistent team has been more than respectable this season. Moreover he has continued to improve with every outing.
I firmly believe that both Silva and Brands will be expecting him to continue leading our line into next season.
I also believe we will strengthen our squad by possibly finding a better option than the disappointing Tosun of the bench.

I respectfully disagree. He has shown he is a capable finisher and his goal return for a young forward in an inconsistent team has been more than respectable this season. Moreover he has continued to improve with every outing.
I firmly believe that both Silva and Brands will be expecting him to continue leading our line into next season.
I also believe we will strengthen our squad by possibly finding a better option than the disappointing Tosun of the bench.

Hes had 14 games worth of minutes and netted 6 times. Thats a 16 goal return on average over 38 games.

Its impressive.

I think we will sign another young forward to compete with him and rotate. I dont think we will spend huge money on a proven forward.

Watching him on me lil telly 10,683 km away (not an exaggeration) he didn't seem to do anything all that fantastic. We need better. Good thing is that he's a tidy player and we'd get a good fee if we decide to let him go.

To be honest with you mate watching on tv from Southern California i’d Have said the same for Most of this season but then I saw him play live recently and got the perspective you don’t get from the tv cameras following the ball. IMHO his all round game has massively improved this season. Not suggesting in the slightest he’s ever gonna be world class but he’s just turned 22 this week and I’ll be interested to see how he’s progressed 2 years from today.

I have no issues with Dom as a squad player who keeps on developing. I thought he was excellent v Chelsea.

But we need better. Much better. And he isn't there yet.

We need to sign someone who can come in and improve the team, and then have Dom as the second choice hopefully improving too.

He's shown he's willing to fight, and that'll help. But similarly when he's not at his best, it's clear what the team lacks. And we shouldn't be relying on a 22-year-old kid to lead the line all season.

Hes had 14 games worth of minutes and netted 6 times. Thats a 16 goal return on average over 38 games.

Its impressive.

I think we will sign another young forward to compete with him and rotate. I dont think we will spend huge money on a proven forward.

That's fine, as long as that other young player is better than Dom mate.

He's still a long way off the quality needed there to push us to be 7th.

Hes starting to look a good player, leads the line very well.

Not quite there yet, but improving every week it seems.

A lot are saying he really put a shift in, but I spent much if the match wondering why he doesnt harry the defenders/keeper more when in possession. Luiz and Rudiger were regularly able to move out of defense with ease whilst Dom was just stationary covering space.

Maybe its instructions from Silva but at his age Id expect it to be easier to be flying from one defender to the other to make sure they don't have an easy time picking their pass

He does it a bit like, but I think he can do a lot more in that respect.

A lot are saying he really put a shift in, but I spent much if the match wondering why he doesnt harry the defenders/keeper more when in possession. Luiz and Rudiger were regularly able to move out of defense with ease whilst Dom was just stationary covering space.

Maybe its instructions from Silva but at his age Id expect it to be easier to be flying from one defender to the other to make sure they don't have an easy time picking their pass

He does it a bit like, but I think he can do a lot more in that respect.

I reckon it's easy to underestimate the amount of ground he'd need to cover to do that where invariably it's him and maybe 1 other in a blue shirt covering half a football pitch when opposition defenders are playing out.

We see Bernard being a nuisance out wide, but if you think about it, he's operating over much smaller area.

It's the energy management element of being a lone striker, if he chases everything down he'll have nothing left in the tank for any lung busting counters later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.