2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think most would agree we need another striker (1 at least) not sure how it would work without changing the formation but a new striker plus DCL could be what we need. Hard work and putting himslef about plus a clinical finisher to compliment

He was poor last night. He did contribute to the two goals and if all you watched were the highlights, you might think he played well. He did not. Most of the game he was ineffective. In the air as well, he was not winning the ball the way he normally does. He definitely needs upgrading. Wa Ching other decent teams, their CFs are more involved in the build up on a regular basis. They can pass, move the ball, contribute, and finish. DCL is still developing, but aside from a CM, it’s our biggest need.

He's got some great attributes. Obviously lacking in the goal department. If we can't go all out for a 20 goal a season striker, if we could get one that complements Dom a bit it might work. Eg play Dom against top six as it obviously seems to be working, brings out the best in our attacking midfielders. Get a striker who can score against bottom half teams where we dominate but really struggle to break them down?

No need at all

Don’t be so insulting.

I don't think he does struggle with comprehension..... like this thread it's full of strawman posts to the point of ridiculous.

Insulting people's intelligence by deliberately misconstruing posts is worse.

At this moment in time he is giving us a huge platform for our attacking midfielders to get space.

Gylfi was found in acres so often last night, Dom had dragged their centre halves and other players all over the place. He was as deep as Gana in some passages of play.... the first goal for example. The hold up play is superb.

Remember when Spain played without a striker.... that's effectively what he is giving us. If the team are scoring as a result of his disruption, and overall football I will take that for now. Whats the alternative?

At this moment in time he is giving us a huge platform for our attacking midfielders to get space.

Gylfi was found in acres so often last night, Dom had dragged their centre halves and other players all over the place. He was as deep as Gana in some passages of play.... the first goal for example. The hold up play is superb.

Remember when Spain played without a striker.... that's effectively what he is giving us. If the team are scoring as a result of his disruption, and overall football I will take that for now. Whats the alternative?

Did Rom goose your missus and DCL sort him out for you?

Your posts have a big hatred for Rom (a natural goalscorer who often carried us) and a massive love for DCL (who can't finish his dinner but runs about alot).

Status
Not open for further replies.