2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched extended highlights. DCL heavily involved in both goals, yet people still slating him for not scoring. Agenda driven drivel.

We can still sign a striker who presses the opposition but can also score.

We'll achieve nothing with a striker who doesn't score.

We can still sign a striker who presses the opposition but can also score.

We'll achieve nothing with a striker who doesn't score.

Nearly every post I make I say we do need another striker, most people are saying that. However only a blind man can't see what he's giving the team at the moment and given his age, you still can't rule out him finding a scoring touch.

He does most definitely need to score more but to say he's crap and offers nothing like a lot do is unfair and untrue.

Think from Silva’s comments it’s clear we want a striker and have names lined up. DCL worked hard again yesterday and linked up well at times, but really should have took the chance late on. Seems like he’ll drop to the bench next year.

If he could just put a few in the net, he’d be the perfect centre forward.
If he could just put a few in the net, his confidence would soar and he would put in a few more.
If he could just put a few in the net, he’d be playing for Barcelona, not Everton.

So you’re saying we can never have a goal scorer?

Nearly every post I make I say we do need another striker, most people are saying that. However only a blind man can't see what he's giving the team at the moment and given his age, you still can't rule out him finding a scoring touch.

He does most definitely need to score more but to say he's crap and offers nothing like a lot do is unfair and untrue.

If his finishing was irratic , inconsistent then maybe I could see your point. His finishing is absolutely shocking and is as bad as a CB. He has no power in his shots , he doesn’t know where the goal is, he doesn’t place his shots and his chalice or shot is bad. He usually doesn’t even get any of them right and it results in either a weak shot straight at the keeper or a crap , weak shot not on target .

If his finishing was irratic , inconsistent then maybe I could see your point. His finishing is absolutely shocking and is as bad as a CB. He has no power in his shots , he doesn’t know where the goal is, he doesn’t place his shots and his chalice or shot is bad. He usually doesn’t even get any of them right and it results in either a weak shot straight at the keeper or a crap , weak shot not on target .

How do you feel about his all round game mate? What are your thoughts on the teams improved performances with him leading the line? Yes he needs to score more, he is offering the TEAM a focal point and others are enjoying the space he creates.

You're very very blinkered on the role of a centre forward. We don't often have 20 goal league strikers, we need to share responsibility for goals around and DCL has absolutely stepped up to the plate in this regard.

Open your mind it's a TEAM game, he's a very good TEAM player.

How do you feel about his all round game mate? What are your thoughts on the teams improved performances with him leading the line? Yes he needs to score more, he is offering the TEAM a focal point and others are enjoying the space he creates.

You're very very blinkered on the role of a centre forward. We don't often have 20 goal league strikers, we need to share responsibility for goals around and DCL has absolutely stepped up to the plate in this regard.

Open your mind it's a TEAM game, he's a very good TEAM player.

Not being funny mate but Shane long runs and works just as hard. You ask what I think about his all round game and the teams improved performances?

Well Bernie settling is a part of the improvement , as is no Walcott , the defence has settled and richy has been playing RW. DCL has improved his all round game but it’s nothing special, I mean you could go out and buy a fast hard working striker for 15m they’re not that rare.

You are also right about it being a TEAM game , we are currently 8th 18 points off the teams in the next group up and they’re 20 points behind the leaders so they’re not exactly great either . To bridge a gap like that you need to have a striker that doesn’t shoot like a blind, U16 school girl CB . We can’t have games like Fulham and palace that cost us points against team we should be beating. The main advantage of beating the top teams is that it’s 3 points gained in a fixture that the teams around us won’t win . Beating arsenal and losing to Fulham and then beating Man U and dropping points at Palace after we dominated them isn’t a good thing . He’s had 13 starts in a row now hasn’t he? How many goals has he scored? How many times has he missed sitters ? How many times has he not even had a shot on goal in those games?

Not being funny mate but Shane long runs and works just as hard. You ask what I think about his all round game and the teams improved performances?

Well Bernie settling is a part of the improvement , as is no Walcott , the defence has settled and richy has been playing RW. DCL has improved his all round game but it’s nothing special, I mean you could go out and buy a fast hard working striker for 15m they’re not that rare.

You are also right about it being a TEAM game , we are currently 8th 18 points off the teams in the next group up and they’re 20 points behind the leaders so they’re not exactly great either . To bridge a gap like that you need to have a striker that doesn’t shoot like a blind, U16 school girl CB . We can’t have games like Fulham and palace that cost us points against team we should be beating. The main advantage of beating the top teams is that it’s 3 points gained in a fixture that the teams around us won’t win . Beating arsenal and losing to Fulham and then beating Man U and dropping points at Palace after we dominated them isn’t a good thing . He’s had 13 starts in a row now hasn’t he? How many goals has he scored? How many times has he missed sitters ? How many times has he not even had a shot on goal in those games?

Says it all really, debate over.

Close the argument after this

HOME RUN

2 goals in 11 now is that? For a team thats playing really well and creating chances isn't good enough. everyone knows he works hard and is all round game is good and he clearly is the best option at the minute. But... we are never going to break into the top 6 with hin leading the line. Just even look at the two games we havrnt won recently Fulham and palace he missed sitters in both games. We had a good striker in them 2 games alone we could be talking 7tg next season ( obviously it's not his fault as the season overall we probably don't deserve it)

He has had the chance to grab the centre forward spot and apart from scoring goals he has taken that chance. However having a centre forward in a front 3 means he has to score on a regular basis. He would do well in a front two but as we are not playing that formation his lack of goals is going to mean we need another player in that role.
As I’ve said before it’s up to him now.

At the same age (and younger, if truth be told), if Lukaku has a game like that, ballooning free shots from 20 yards 30 feet over the bar and fluffing his lines in front of goal at every opportunity he'd have had horrific abuse both inside the stadium and on here. In some cases, fascinatingly, it's the same folks urging patience with DCL.

When lukaku was ballooning them over the bar from 20 yards.... was when he was trying to control the ball. That's the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.