2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but but but Liverpool have got salah who scores loads of goals and I want a brand new shiny striker..... I don't want these adidas 4 stripes.... all the kids in school will laugh.

He's a 22 year old inexperienced kid who didn't hide despite not getting going..... wher3as golden boy go as barely got a whiff of a complaint cos we wanna be nice to him..... it will be the last we see him play after his stamp on mitrovic.
Mate you need to stand down because you seem to think he is better than lukaku.

I don't mind he was quiet, I mind that in games like that with few chances, he needs to be clinical with what comes his way.

The one where he was played in by Sig he has to bury. I was watching the warm up before the game where they do shooting practice. Honestly his technique isn't great to say the least. And that's under no pressure in a warm up.

Nope.... just like to establish that the lad is getting the usual shithouse know it all fan treatment especially reserved for the young home grown players.... you crack on.

you'll still be crying for Rom to come home when he's 32 playing for galatasaray as a bench warmer....

I'm prepared to see this lad given the opportunities he needs to fulfil his potential..... sadly we've got a few United esque fans here who were slating rashford in his poor games... they are quiet now.

At the age of 20 Romelu Lukaku scored 15 goals in 31 appearances for us

At 23 he’d scored 68 goals in 141 appearances in the league.

I was no major fan of trampoline shins but to say DCL is better, lol and koff

Mate you need to stand down because you seem to think he is better than lukaku.

I don't need to do anything of the sort. I can't do anything to quash some people's ridiculous love affair with one of the most overrated and disinterested Everton players to wear the shirt - that's a matter of football I.Q - or lack of it.

But I will point out the reasons why this kid needs to get his chance before the same crap that drove Barkley out the club and seen players like Leon osman talk about the difficulties in being a young local lad - destroy this kid.

Too many know it alls who judge a car by it's badge and not it's quality. I'd sooner take the steer of many pundits who think the lad has a big future.

At the age of 20 Romelu Lukaku scored 15 goals in 31 appearances for us

At 23 he’d scored 68 goals in 141 appearances in the league.

I was no major fan of trampoline shins but to say DCL is better, lol and koff

By the time lukaku was 18 he had played more first team matches than DCL .... not even Messi had played close to what lukaku had at a young age....... it's not difficult to understand if you don't have an agenda.

I don't need to do anything of the sort. I can't do anything to quash some people's ridiculous love affair with one of the most overrated and disinterested Everton players to wear the shirt - that's a matter of football I.Q - or lack of it.

But I will point out the reasons why this kid needs to get his chance before the same crap that drove Barkley out the club and seen players like Leon osman talk about the difficulties in being a young local lad - destroy this kid.

Too many know it alls who judge a car by it's badge and not it's quality. I'd sooner take the steer of many pundits who think the lad has a big future.
Lewin will get nowhere lukaku in the scoring stakes if he plays till he is 50.Barkley was not drive out of this club quite the opposite in fact in took the phiss out of it.

By the time lukaku was 18 he had played more first team matches than DCL .... not even Messi had played close to what lukaku had at a young age....... it's not difficult to understand if you don't have an agenda.

in Belgium lol

His first full outing at 19 in the premier league and he banged 17 for West Brom, West Brom ffs

Hmmmm to start the "I know more about football than you" argument is always dangerous ground if you want to engage in honest and good natured debate.

There are plenty that know as much as you, I'd imagine. Just because football is so readily available to watch / review these days.

There is no doubting that Rom was and is in a different league to DCL when it comes to finishing. And that is the most important part of being a striker. Him being disinterested is completely irrelevant.

DCL is quite good at holding the ball and bringing others into play. But last week was his very best performance. Today was more his norm, based on his Everton career thus far.

in Belgium lol

His first full outing at 19 in the premier league and he banged 17 for West Brom, West Brom ffs

Conveniently skipping the fact that he was already ridiculously experienced..... I'm sure you don't discount the goals he scored in Belgium from his "isn't Rom great stats '

Look... I may get it wrong about DCL But one thing I got absolutely right about lukaku is what would happen at United and likely for the rest of his career. I'll back myself again when it comes to lukaku.

Conveniently skipping the fact that he was already ridiculously experienced..... I'm sure you don't discount the goals he scored in Belgium from his "isn't Rom great stats '

Look... I may get it wrong about DCL But one thing I got absolutely right about lukaku is what would happen at United and likely for the rest of his career. I'll back myself again when it comes to lukaku.

I do. Because the Belgian league is probably on par with our u23 and youth leagues, something DCL was subject to.

He wasn’t pulled from the streets at 19. He’s been at a professional club since he was a kid

I don't mind he was quiet, I mind that in games like that with few chances, he needs to be clinical with what comes his way.

The one where he was played in by Sig he has to bury. I was watching the warm up before the game where they do shooting practice. Honestly his technique isn't great to say the least. And that's under no pressure in a warm up.

Him and Bernard don't tend to score too many. We aren't great in front of goal and it really has hurt us this year. But there were much bigger reasons why we lost today. Didn't work hard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.