2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still plenty to learn, but a good young fella. The pros for him stack up: Speedy, seems to be popular among all managers, strong work ethic, good body positions, good in the air, strong attitude. Has his protractors but fair dinkum if Danny Wellbeck can clock up 200 odd games at big clubs, there ain't no reason this fella can't. Like him a lot.

..it’s pace allied to quality, though, that is the big factor. I suppose Spurs are the ones without really obvious speedsters, given Kane, Alli and Erickson as key players.
The Mirror quoted speeds are a bit misleading,speed of thought and skill are far more important. Otherwise they would be queuing around the block to sign Usain Bolt.

..he’s got all the ammunition you need to be a top player but he really needs to work at his game. He’s strong in the air but he doesn’t utilise that when meeting crosses and heading at goal. He should be towering and powering and a real threat from set pieces but he’s not as yet.

He’s technically decent with his back to goal, he’s combative, he’s pacey but he doesn’t offer a lot of threat from an ability perspective. A good goal against Rotherham but he needs to score more from nothing. He must be a handful to mark, let’s hope he works as hard on his skills as he does in the gym. He could be decent.

On the match thread I wondered whether he looks a bit heavier this season - something I think can help him??
Looks a fair dinkum tank this season. Solid time been done in the gym. Cant fault his attitude.

Glad he scored that or I'd have had to [Poor language removed] him off for this half.
He struggles on the left against these types of teams. He should only be played there for counter-attacking purposes as he is a threat against the press. Having said all that, he has been poor apart from the goal. Hopefully he comes alive in the second (along with the rest of the team LOLOLOL)

He struggles on the left against these types of teams. He should only be played there for counter-attacking purposes as he is a threat against the press. Having said all that, he has been poor apart from the goal. Hopefully he comes alive in the second (along with the rest of the team LOLOLOL)

Yeh I love him but he's not really suited to it. We seem to be more 4-2-3-1 than 4-3-3 today as well - think he does better when he's more of a left forward than a left-mid.

I'd possibly swap for Lookman but then I worry Digne would be left isolated too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.