2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuse me, how dare you talk about a young player improving and not being the finished article, rather than writing him off or claiming he's Harry Kane MKII.

Don't you know that the sensible, middle ground isn't acceptable on here?

I’ve been assured on here countless times that young players can’t improve.

Sancho could go on to be as good as Rooney , but lets not call him a special talent just yet until he has played a couple of seasons in the Prem.
He's currently playing in the rapidly deminishing Bundersliga.
Special talent ?....not just yet mate.

DCL coming along nicely atm.
Not saying he's as good as Rooney. I'm saying he's the best since Rooney. And I'm also talking about "for his age". He may not improve. Players like Rooney and Michael Owen had their best years as a teenager IMO.

There is a reason why Sancho starts every game for Dortmund. They have a very talented group of players but all their other offensive players are rotated. He is also in the England squad. Very few players have England caps at the age of 18 and a lot of them are in friendlies. He's been picked for this squad for competitive matches and there are no injuries that have paved the way. He has been picked on merit.

He's also the best young player around Europe with the exception of Mbappe who is 18 months older. When Dortmund sell him, which they will do within he next 2 years IMO, I reckon he'll go for over £100m.

So yeah. I think he's a special talent. For his age.

I don’t get why he’s got to be extremely good to stay at Everton. How many of our current players are really good? He doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb as not at the level of the others does he.

This might be/is faint praise but he's been one of our best players this year. Also most strikers whose game isn't dependent on pace bloom later on in their careers. He probably won't peak until 28-30 years old and looks to be a bit ahead of schedule.

Also this is really his 1st year at striker.

This guy needs to show up today, as he has gone missing against the the top 10 this season, I know people will say the rest have also failed to show up but if this guy wants to be a top striker he needs to start acting like one.

Personally I think he has not got what it takes to be a top striker as today will prove, he will not get a sniff with David Luiz, come on Dominic prove me wrong.

This guy needs to show up today, as he has gone missing against the the top 10 this season, I know people will say the rest have also failed to show up but if this guy wants to be a top striker he needs to start acting like one.

Personally I think he has not got what it takes to be a top striker as today will prove, he will not get a sniff with David Luiz, come on Dominic prove me wrong.
So if you don't have what it takes to be a top striker at the age of 21, you never will.

That's my problem with a lot of posters in this thread. Not that they think he's not good enough to start regularly for us, or that he has loads of issues with his game, or that he doesn't score enough goals as our main striker. It's the fact that you're more than happy to write him off at the age of 21, when history proves that the vast majority of players don't hit their prime until they are 25/26.

As a 21 year old, he has shown more promise than most. He is first choice for a very good England U21 team that are now favourites to win this summers euros, and has even scored the winner in a world cup final as a 20 yo. What makes people automatically think that when he get's to his prime other strikers are going to be any better than him.

With all really good players there is a period when it all just comes together - the problem is how long do you wait for it before it’s apparent it’s never going to happen?
Good question. I would say at least another year, possibly 2. If he hasn't really improved by that stage and forcing the manager to at least make a decision whether to pick him, he needs to be replaced. His position in the squad has to belong to a young eager player wanting to improve.

Said before, our issue isn't with Dominic. Our issue is that our first choice striker isn't good enough.

Good question. I would say at least another year, possibly 2. If he hasn't really improved by that stage and forcing the manager to at least make a decision whether to pick him, he needs to be replaced. His position in the squad has to belong to a young eager player wanting to improve.

Said before, our issue isn't with Dominic. Our issue is that our first choice striker isn't good enough.

Yep DCL is okay enough to be back up our problem is we have no one else.

I don’t get why he’s got to be extremely good to stay at Everton. How many of our current players are really good? He doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb as not at the level of the others does he.
And most of them cost north of a bit more in transfer fees and wages.

Same. Honestly think DCL has loads of potential. People forget he's so young. He can only improve as well.

This season he seemed to have bulked /grown a bit too. So over the next season I think we'll see further improvements.
He just needs to start using that improvement in physique by starting to bully CBs. But it'll come.

Not saying he's as good as Rooney. I'm saying he's the best since Rooney. And I'm also talking about "for his age". He may not improve. Players like Rooney and Michael Owen had their best years as a teenager IMO.

There is a reason why Sancho starts every game for Dortmund. They have a very talented group of players but all their other offensive players are rotated. He is also in the England squad. Very few players have England caps at the age of 18 and a lot of them are in friendlies. He's been picked for this squad for competitive matches and there are no injuries that have paved the way. He has been picked on merit.

He's also the best young player around Europe with the exception of Mbappe who is 18 months older. When Dortmund sell him, which they will do within he next 2 years IMO, I reckon he'll go for over £100m.

So yeah. I think he's a special talent. For his age.
Not doubting it mate , but as I said its the Budersliga he has to do it in the Prem or for a big Spanish team.
But he is very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.