2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a moment on Tuesday when he received the ball quite wide of the box, rolled the defender well and then 'forgot' to take the ball with him, or so it seemed, due to a horrific touch.

It's that stuff that makes me think he won't make it. He needs to be more immaculate with the basics if he's going to become a top forward.

Its a shame football has gone past the days of 2 central strikers (Not alot of teams play that way now), it looks like he would do better with a striker partner..... Or perhaps some service which obv isnt the best it can be when in a bad run or confidence is low.

...the plan is for others to join in and even go past the central striker. Colin Harvey liked two strikers when we had possession but one became a midfielder when we didn’t have the ball.

...the plan is for others to join in and even go past the central striker. Colin Harvey liked two strikers when we had possession but one became a midfielder when we didn’t have the ball.

Thats the idea of the modern 10 (as they call it now) isnt it?

Thats the idea of the modern 10 (as they call it now) isnt it?

....yep. Barkley, though, tended to pick the ball up from deep and rarely got ahead of the striker. Sigurdsson always hits the penalty spot when the team attacks. I think it was the City game where DCL was dominant in the air, but nobody gambled on the flick-ons, Sigurdsson didn’t play in that one as I recall.

I don't think it is at all. You might get £15m for DCL maybe (you call Solanke dross but he's younger than DCL and has always been more highly rated, hence him having been POTT at the u20 world cup and getting a full England cap, and the fact he's coming for a CL side adds to the fee). You wouldn't get 20m for Davies and Kenny, not even close I don't think. With the best will in the world I'd say Kenny would fetch an absolute maximum of about £5m if we were to sell him.

He's 6 months younger and highly rated means naff all, ledson was highly rated.
I along with many others in here watched every England game at the u20 World Cup and Solanke was nowhere near best player. Probably the most marketable which is why he won it

He's 6 months younger and highly rated means naff all, ledson was highly rated.
I along with many others in here watched every England game at the u20 World Cup and Solanke was nowhere near best player. Probably the most marketable which is why he won it
Ok mate, I mean none of that in any way addresses the point being made, but at least we’ve cleared up that being highly rated means nothing, unless it’s you who rates them after watching on telly.

Status
Not open for further replies.