Does the U23 System Work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s kids in the under 23s there that we paid a fair wedge for like Josh Bowler and Lewis Gibson. Those two players cost us £10m don’t forget, does anyone that watches the youth teams regularly know if they’ve improved at all since being here?
Seems confident.

It is not a question of quality, it is a question of trust to give young players game time. Sancho could also play for Everton, but the Bundesliga clubs are giving more game time to young players, so they can develop better. Lookman is a perfect example. The Everton squad is definitely not better than the Everton-squad.

Their are great talents in our squad. Kenny, Lookman, DCL, Davies, Connolly etc. These guys should build a new team and they should develop together, but it is really difficult to realise in the PL, because their is so much money and the club did not have the patience.

For example the Championship-winning team off my favourite club Borussia Dortmund 2011 and 2012. Very young and talented players, many off them transfered from second division, develop together as a team, so they get the opportunity to win 2 league titles, 1 cup and to reach a CL-Final in only three seasons. Because off the money, this would be not possible in England.

Sorry for my bad englsich. I hope you can understand the most importand facts.

For me, we should be aiming to loan out as many as possible to wherever, provided they're going to get minutes.

The competitiveness of the ressies, is nothing on even the National League, so give these lads the chance to play competitive football against other hungry footballers.

For me, It's controversial, but i'd expand the football league by an extra division and let the reserves get stuck in on the footballing pyramid, works in Spain and Germany, and no one would lose their League Spot. Could imagine quite a few fans would turn up when we're away to watch the U23's play against League Two opposition tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.