Does our position flatter us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t say it flatters us. I think a few knew today was going to be a tough one. Once 1 or 2 players are out, the quality we have to bring in dips big time. The key this season was keeping the first 11 fit and strong but already players are either injured or suspended. We need to be beating teams like Southampton though as well coached as they are, so I can’t hide my disappointment with the result, it was a real chance to put a marker down that we can go away to these teams and consistently win. Newcastle and United next isn’t going to be any easier either with the personnel we have missing.

We will find out after the next couple of games. Today felt eerily like how we frustrating and poor we used to be. If we are genuinely better now then we will see good performances again in the next couple of games and today will have just been a blip.

Our performances have been slowly getting worse since the opening day. The defence is just a joke at this point. Literally conceding two goals in most of the games we play. How can we expect to have a good season when we need to score three goals all of the time?

Does our position flatter us?

No.

The league table strips away all the boasting, the excuse making and the wishful thinking. We may not be as great as we hope to be one day but it's a fair reflection of the pretty lousy standard out there ATM.

We've been utter crap for a long time.

A few good games, and excellent results, at the start of this very strange season is nowhere enough proof that we are actually going to be a top team for the season

And we still have a lot of the average crap getting minutes that were getting minutes before

It's fine getting excited at a great start but I wish people didn't start singing from the rooftops and talking about possibilities of top 4. It's rare teams change from dung to gold with just a couple of signings.

It's the same type of fan that is probably ripping the whole set up to shreds tonight now we have lost a game and played crap

Patience please people

We lose 1 game, byw every other team in contention has had a bad loss, and we are ready to chalk up the season to being lucky.

We've been good and deserved every win and every point we've gotten as well as the loss we received today.

The sky is not falling. We lost. We move on

Everyone was buzzing with all the results in the league and how we brushed teams aside in the cup games with some of our squad players, work in progress just a blip might get a few more, progress oh yes were going in the right direction .

Status
Not open for further replies.