Dixie Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.
& now you can buy one to keep :

1215167283.jpg

If Bill Dean, he hated being called Dixie, had been alive he would have ran away with embarrassment from all the superlatives used by us Blues when discussing him, he would hate the statue as well, not because it is a bad idea but because it was of him put there by the club he loved so much, he was that modest.

When training with Tommy Lawton they used to head medicine balls back and forth to each other, healthy and safety would stop that one these days:D

One of the best quotes ever made about the man came from Bill Shankley, at a dinner hours before Dixie died, he said when introducing the great man to the gathered guests

'Ladies and gentlemen, today we are joined by a man who ranks amongst the greatest there is: Shakespeare, Rembrandt and Bach this man is Dixie Dean' it says it all really;)

If Bill Dean, he hated being called Dixie, had been alive he would have ran away with embarrassment from all the superlatives used by us Blues when discussing him, he would hate the statue as well, not because it is a bad idea but because it was of him put there by the club he loved so much, he was that modest.

When training with Tommy Lawton they used to head medicine balls back and forth to each other, healthy and safety would stop that one these days:D

One of the best quotes ever made about the man came from Bill Shankley, at a dinner hours before Dixie died, he said when introducing the great man to the gathered guests

'Ladies and gentlemen, today we are joined by a man who ranks amongst the greatest there is: Shakespeare, Rembrandt and Bach this man is Dixie Dean' it says it all really;)

Am I right in thinking that was at a RS supporters dinner.
At first there were a few cat calls.
But Dixie won them over
Dont know how all them Norwegians understood the Birkenhead accent thoughlol

Am I right in thinking that was at a RS supporters dinner.
At first there were a few cat calls.
But Dixie won them over
Dont know how all them Norwegians understood the Birkenhead accent thoughlol

It was a joint do if I remember right and there were no cat calls that I know of mate

The 60 that he scored were obviously his league goal tally for that season, anybody know what his "all-competitions" figure was for the same season ???

The 60 that he scored were obviously his league goal tally for that season, anybody know what his "all-competitions" figure was for the same season ???
100 i think , got a book here, fantastic read, esp where it said when he scored in the derby he would turn to the rs fans and bow to them xx

Status
Not open for further replies.