Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Moving on from this, I dipped back into it after this period, gradually getting worse. and on 13th July 2021, decided enoughs enough, really pushed myself to sort it out.

View attachment 173522

delighted that today marks a year of no gambling and I set the app at £10 per day so roughly £3.5k saved in a year. Really looked forward to this point and have been counting the days. Over the moon.
That's fantastic. Well done.

Moving on from this, I dipped back into it after this period, gradually getting worse. and on 13th July 2021, decided enoughs enough, really pushed myself to sort it out.

View attachment 173522

delighted that today marks a year of no gambling and I set the app at £10 per day so roughly £3.5k saved in a year. Really looked forward to this point and have been counting the days. Over the moon.

That is amazing mate! Absolutely made up for you!

I finally start my treatment for Prostate cancer tomorrow at Clatterbridge. I start with hormone injections then go on to radio therapy in September.
Hopefully I don't start looking like Mrs Doubtfire
Good luck Paul, I know what your going through as I had my Prostate removed in August 2018, you just stay positive mate you will get there.?

I've suffered from mental health massively over a number of years resulting in suicidal thoughts etc

Nhs are running Acute Therapy courses. I've found the skills and insight the course has given me a massive help

One tip I learned was placing cold/iced water in a bowl and submerging your forehead for 20 seconds or so. It reduces your blood pressure to a calm level

I was so sceptical but have learned so much

I've suffered from mental health massively over a number of years resulting in suicidal thoughts etc

Nhs are running Acute Therapy courses. I've found the skills and insight the course has given me a massive help

One tip I learned was placing cold/iced water in a bowl and submerging your forehead for 20 seconds or so. It reduces your blood pressure to a calm level

I was so sceptical but have learned so much

Can you share any more tips from the course mate ?

People it's very very important to remember when looking at ways to cope with your distressing thoughts, if it works for you no matter un orthodox, then utilise it. It doesn't matter if your submerging your forehead in iced water, as Lancs has attested to, if it helps pleas crack on. Come on this forum and please share it. People won't laugh because dealing with and coping with depression is very subjective. One prescription does not fit all. Take care everyone.

I just find it weird that there really isn't anything besides benzos to help with anxiety and that has a massive massive issue in and of itself. I know anxiety and depression are 2 sides of the same coin but there HAS to be a better way of treating it than anti-depressants. Especially with the huge increase in it with COVID and all.

Benzos are so effective because they treat the symptoms of anxiety directly. Anti-depressants try to cure it indirectly which obviously isn’t as effective.

I genuinely believe counselling or group support is the best remedy in nearly all situations. Unfortunately, it is drastically under funded and harder and harder to get without paying privately.

People it's very very important to remember when looking at ways to cope with your distressing thoughts, if it works for you no matter un orthodox, then utilise it. It doesn't matter if your submerging your forehead in iced water, as Lancs has attested to, if it helps pleas crack on. Come on this forum and please share it. People won't laugh because dealing with and coping with depression is very subjective. One prescription does not fit all. Take care everyone.

This place is an absolute God send, especially for anyone in a moment of crisis, or if you need to share when you don’t have anywhere else to turn.