Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Just want to point out something, there was a poll done in the States, 90%+ said there is a mental health emergency situation going on at the moment. Across all spectrums, all political affiliations, all races and all sexes. Everyone knows someone dealing with this [Poor language removed] or are dealing with something themselves. My wife and I met up with some good friends last night we haven't seen in a couple years (they moved away) and I told them what I was dealing with just so they were aware. They were super supportive.

If anyone is dealing with anything and keeping it internal, please, reach out. It is absolute agony and anguish internalizing these things. We can all work through these things but we absolutely need help. Let us try to help.
Riddick excellent post this. " Let us try to help ", this 100%. Incidentally riddick if you ever need to talk about anything, of course continue to post on here, but I am more than happy to be contacted directly if you feel the need to. Take care.

In regards trade union and workers rights Anjel, I bow to your superior knowledge. Tell me, do you think Trade Unionism is treated with respect or do you think employer's see Unions as " trouble ". I believe from a mental health viewpoint, a Union member like yourself and the subsequent advice you offer, etc can be very reassuring for people who get stressed because they believe they are being taken advantage of at work. I'm sure Ghost won't mind me saying he is a good example of how work and the worries it can bring, can have a very real effect on the mental well being of a person. Take care, Anjel, all the best fella.
It depends on the manager to be honest. Some ( mostly those who are also union members) are more than willing to work collaboratively with you for the best outcome for the employee. Others however view union involvement in anything as trouble. Not surprisingly these are the ones who have no empathy, treat their staff like dirt and describe themselves as having a "robust" management style- bullying in anybody else's language

Anjel I've mentioned " fella " a couple of times in our posts and then breaking down your name and realising - prat that I am - that your a female, right. Accept my apologies if you are as I suspect, a female. Whilst I have an intense dislike of political correctness, I really should get someone's gender right. ( Insert one of those smiley things ).
? ? ? No offence taken. I've been called much worse!

Just want to point out something, there was a poll done in the States, 90%+ said there is a mental health emergency situation going on at the moment. Across all spectrums, all political affiliations, all races and all sexes. Everyone knows someone dealing with this [Poor language removed] or are dealing with something themselves. My wife and I met up with some good friends last night we haven't seen in a couple years (they moved away) and I told them what I was dealing with just so they were aware. They were super supportive.

If anyone is dealing with anything and keeping it internal, please, reach out. It is absolute agony and anguish internalizing these things. We can all work through these things but we absolutely need help. Let us try to help.
Friend, it is so nice to read your post and the encouragement that you are giving here to open up since you know how crucial is to reach out for help. I hope your struggles are also improving. X

Can’t get out my own mind this week! Normally bubbly as anything but been trapped. Not good. Ah well, chin up and plod on.
Sorry to hear you are finding things difficult at the moment. When I was trapped by thoughts constantly going round my head I found mindfulness and relaxation helpful., this may not be for you but it might be worth a try. Hope you feel better soon and are back to your usual bubbly self.

Can’t get out my own mind this week! Normally bubbly as anything but been trapped. Not good. Ah well, chin up and plod on.
Anything in particular happening or happened recently @Portland Toffee ?
No need for details, I was just wondering if you were aware of something that might have sparked your current mood.
@Gwladysover gives some good advice.
Also music, exercise or walking maybe help.
Also talking it out with someone close or even the people here may help.
Someone is always here at all times.
Take care mate and I hope you can get back to your old self soon but don’t be too hard with yourself if you continue to struggle. You can’t force things but take your time and vent here as much as you want.

Hi All, I have been off the forum for almost three months and had a hard time of things personally. But as with Everton in general, I'll always come back.

It's a pretty crap month for everyone regardless. The football doesn't help.

So just wanted to check in here and show some solidarity with those having a much tougher time than me.

In bad times and better times, this thread has always given me hope and encouragement.

Hi All, I have been off the forum for almost three months and had a hard time of things personally. But as with Everton in general, I'll always come back.

It's a pretty crap month for everyone regardless. The football doesn't help.

So just wanted to check in here and show some solidarity with those having a much tougher time than me.

In bad times and better times, this thread has always given me hope and encouragement.
I’m sorry to hear you’ve had a rough time mate. Love your optimism and I’m sure you’ll be on the up again in no time.

Hopefully this thread can keep encouraging you along your journey. Good luck.