Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Head is absolutely going tbh. Just find myself not caring about much at all, other than Everton which I’m caring too much about atm. As it’s so bad it’s getting to me far more than it should do. Just been 10th anniversary of my dads passing who was a massive Evertonian so is a tough time of year anyway but makes it that bit more difficult
I can definitely empathise mate.

With Everton you just have to have a proper word with yourself. I realised when my eldest was little that I was ruining too many weekends and letting too much quality time with him go because of how wound up I was getting. These days I’ll swerve watching us for the most part, or at least turn it off if a game is going south. When we lose - and obvs I’ve had a lot of practice - I reinforce that it’s just a game.

My auld fella was gone 12 years in December just gone. I still dream of him frequently and wake up with that sadness at remembering he’s not around or even come to the realisation while I’m still dreaming. Of course time helps but it never fully heals you, and nor should it. Whatever pain you still feel at his loss is a mark of the man he was to you.

As regards caring about stuff, I think we can all empathise in these wacky times, with someone who is feeling a bit “meh” about everything. Rather than trying to force yourself to care about stuff that you clearly don’t, maybe try to bring a couple of new routines into your life that you will be more invested in. Reading, exercising, gaming, learning a language/skill, cooking, etc. Loads to choose from and I guarantee whatever you want to get into, you’ll find a thread about it in here somewhere!!!

I have been watching people in the US and Europe continue to travel the past two years, while we have been locked down forever over here. How they are not catching Covid during their travels is beyond me.

South America is/was on my to do list. Plenty of Colombians here in Australia that I have met. Unfortunately, it would appear I have met the neurotic ones ;)

Who knows when that will ever happen in these crazy times. I'll take being able to get back my apartment in Greece and catch an Everton match at Goodison in 2023 in a heartbeat.
We have traveled twice this year for the first time since Covid began and since becoming fully vaccinated. We feel very fortunate we didn’t catch covid at the airports so maybe their filtration systems are working well. When we’ve traveled we have mostly stayed on our own, didn’t go indoors at any restaurant and did only outdoor activities so that’s how we have been able to avoid it but it is definitely a risk.

Neurotic Colombian sounds scary ?? But traveling to South America would be an amazing experience.

I hope you make to Greece and to Goodison soon both of those experiences are on my bucket list.

I can definitely empathise mate.

With Everton you just have to have a proper word with yourself. I realised when my eldest was little that I was ruining too many weekends and letting too much quality time with him go because of how wound up I was getting. These days I’ll swerve watching us for the most part, or at least turn it off if a game is going south. When we lose - and obvs I’ve had a lot of practice - I reinforce that it’s just a game.

My auld fella was gone 12 years in December just gone. I still dream of him frequently and wake up with that sadness at remembering he’s not around or even come to the realisation while I’m still dreaming. Of course time helps but it never fully heals you, and nor should it. Whatever pain you still feel at his loss is a mark of the man he was to you.

As regards caring about stuff, I think we can all empathise in these wacky times, with someone who is feeling a bit “meh” about everything. Rather than trying to force yourself to care about stuff that you clearly don’t, maybe try to bring a couple of new routines into your life that you will be more invested in. Reading, exercising, gaming, learning a language/skill, cooking, etc. Loads to choose from and I guarantee whatever you want to get into, you’ll find a thread about it in here somewhere!!!
You’re totally right with that mate, I do need to take a bit of a step back with it. Too often plans are moved or scrapped as we’re playing a pointless game against Palace, for example.

Sorry to hear that mate, December for me too. I get the same, not heard anyone else say they get the realisation part before so makes me feel a bit more normal? Even worse as it’s a month where everyone’s is suppose to play happy families aren’t they with Christmas.

Haha exactly mate and you’re right, I’ve sacked off social media so try to ignore my phone at nights now and need to get me lard arse down the gym a bit more!

We are all in this together mate, the good and the bad. The main thing is that we just keep speaking to one another. The springtime is almost upon us.
Walking through our local churchyard last week I noticed that the winter aconites are in flower and a few early snowdrops are peeping through. Spring is on the way;)

Walking through our local churchyard last week I noticed that the winter aconites are in flower and a few early snowdrops are peeping through. Spring is on the way;)

The woodpeckers in the woods by us, are making a hell of a racket too, which is a sure sign that Spring is around the corner.

Great city...really joined living there. However, the beauty of Greece for me is travelling around, seeing great villages, beaches and islands, enjoying the food and culture.
My daughter did afew of the Islands a couple of years a go with her mum. She enjoyed them.
We did 4 nights in Athens then went to Crete in 2014. I was very impressed by the city, friendly people, food and beer. I also fell in love with iced coffee.

My daughter did afew of the Islands a couple of years a go with her mum. She enjoyed them.
We did 4 nights in Athens then went to Crete in 2014. I was very impressed by the city, friendly people, food and beer. I also fell in love with iced coffee.
Sounds beautiful. Really is paradise for me Greece. Of course I'm biased being of Greek background, but it's a special country.