Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

My misses finally lost her fight against cancer yesterday morning at the age of 58.
She died peacefully in her sleep on a hospital bed in the living room .She knew it was coming but in the last few weeks she deteriorated badly and in the end she wasn't even able to drink water so I was just injecting it in a peg which is a tube in her stomach. She was really scared of dying so at least now she is at peace

God bless you Sue
Very sorry to hear that mate...may her soul rest in peace.

Lost my nan this morning completely devastated is an understatement. Cherish every moment with everyone lads x
This made me cry mate. I lost my nan years ago. She was my hero. I think about her all the time, more so since I had my son and I often see her in him. She's forever by my side I'm sure of it. Watching her slide into dementia broke my heart, as I watch my dad going the same way, except he's in care and I can't visit him. You're right mate cherish every moment.

My misses finally lost her fight against cancer yesterday morning at the age of 58.
She died peacefully in her sleep on a hospital bed in the living room .She knew it was coming but in the last few weeks she deteriorated badly and in the end she wasn't even able to drink water so I was just injecting it in a peg which is a tube in her stomach. She was really scared of dying so at least now she is at peace

God bless you Sue
I'm so sorry mate. Sending you and your family love.

I'm so sorry mate. Sending you and your family love.
Thanks mate, I don't really do social media and my kids will tell you I am always slagging it off but this place is different for me as a life long blue I respect the opinions of the fellas on here and the good wishes I have recieved here mean more to me than any recieved from many people who I have much closer contact with.
Evertonions are a special breed and I will always be proud to be a Blue.

Lost my nan this morning completely devastated is an understatement. Cherish every moment with everyone lads x

This made me cry mate. I lost my nan years ago. She was my hero. I think about her all the time, more so since I had my son and I often see her in him. She's forever by my side I'm sure of it. Watching her slide into dementia broke my heart, as I watch my dad going the same way, except he's in care and I can't visit him. You're right mate cherish every moment.
It's so beautiful that your nans had such an enormous influence on both your lives. It's a credit to them and your parents. It shows just how much our selfish me, me, me society has fallen and needs fixed. The family unit is always under constant attack. Lots don't know their fathers never mind their grandparents. Fathers not even knowing or wanting to know their kids..We really need to look at our past for our future and return to tradition to give the young the love and support we grew up with . It truly takes a family to raise a child.

Thanks mate, I don't really do social media and my kids will tell you I am always slagging it off but this place is different for me as a life long blue I respect the opinions of the fellas on here and the good wishes I have recieved here mean more to me than any recieved from many people who I have much closer contact with.
Evertonions are a special breed and I will always be proud to be a Blue.
Yep, we're family brother, and always will be - through good times and bad. You and Sue are in all our prayers.

Some of my fondest memories in my life had been with Nan and Grandad. Remember going to get bags of coal with me in me grandads wheelbarrow. Nans Yorkshire puddings and me grandad - who fought in the War and was a man's man - making the most lovely fruit cakes and mince and dumplings. We unfortunately don't give our grandparents the cudos and credit they deserve. They have so much input in our lives that goes unrecognised. I'm sure she'll be watching over you fondly. Take care m8.

It's so beautiful that your nans had such an enormous influence on both your lives. It's a credit to them and your parents. It shows just how much our selfish me, me, me society has fallen and needs fixed. The family unit is always under constant attack. Lots don't know their fathers never mind their grandparents. Fathers not even knowing or wanting to know their kids..We really need to look at our past for our future and return to tradition to give the young the love and support we grew up with . It truly takes a family to raise a child.
Lots of truth in that Earwig, you also have to recognise that hundreds of kids today would be lost without truly loving grandparents, I know plenty in Liverpool who live their lives for their grandchildren, Saints I call them, really remarkable people. I realise you most probably know plenty of these people yourself.

God bless you Sue
So very sad Paul, I hope you find peace and consolation in the memories you and Sue made together, God bless Paul.

Lots of truth in that Earwig, you also have to recognise that hundreds of kids today would be lost without truly loving grandparents, I know plenty in Liverpool who live their lives for their grandchildren, Saints I call them, really remarkable people. I realise you most probably know plenty of these people yourself.
I agree mate a good family is everything they're our dna. You humbly left yourself out of your comment about those that live for their grandchildren. I know your kids, grandkids and great grandkids mean so much to you. It's sad and sinister to see just how much the family seems to be under attack on TV culture and in society today as if they're irrelevant and unnecessary. Society would collapse without family every part of our family prepare us for adulthood and help form our character, morals and personality.