Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I personally can't wait to go back to work tomorrow. I haven't been getting out of bed some days for this past week until the evening. I absolutely hate time off
Time off can be tough if you just stay around the house, have you thought about volunteering loads to do especially at this time of year. Maybe something to think about for next year.

Just had an update. Steady, but slow, (which is good apparently) improvement in heart and brain condition. They used longer words like, but the ICU are made up that she is responding to their treatment.

;)
Early days, but wow, talk about a grown man balling his eyes out just now.

Thanks again for the messages and that.
Can see talk like.

I personally can't wait to go back to work tomorrow. I haven't been getting out of bed some days for this past week until the evening. I absolutely hate time off

I know what you mean mate. I was looking forward to the Christmas break but it's made me realise how important my routine is.

Brief update. Was called by the hospital to go there immediately at 8.00 ish, cos, well y'know.

Given 15 to 20 minutes after a cardiac arrest, well, 3. Then had another one. Consultant says if she has another one, thats it, no more CPR.

By 11.45, against everything, she was stable, but critical, as they managed to find the right mix of bits and bobs that she would respond to. Not out the woods by a long shot, but when you are given a 20 minute warning, well, buzzing atm.

Thankx Team Bristol BRI.

Roydo I also was unaware of your wife's illness. Mrs BR has been through the mill since a diagnosis in mid 2018. All I can say is I am thinking of you. God Bless.

Just had an update. Steady, but slow, (which is good apparently) improvement in heart and brain condition. They used longer words like, but the ICU are made up that she is responding to their treatment.

;)

Fingers crossed, mate. It puts into perspective a few grown men kicking a ball around.

;)

Chuffing hell - sounds like she's been through the ringer a bit there mate, but at least she's improving now.
Thoughts and prayers can sometimes sound a bit glib, but she'll be getting lots of them nevertheless, not just from friends and family, but also from strangers on the internet.

;)

I myself have had an episode on the way back from Goodison on boxing day.

Thoughts with you.

;)

Not long back from a visit, and holy cow!

CT Scan was ok, a part collapsed lung, so no real problem mending that. They took her off sedation for some tests. She squeezed a nurses finger, opened her eyes, and biggest of all, responded to spoken commands. (lift a foot, move a hand like), which means they reckon no brain damage!!!!!!

And then, she squeezed my finger, like a baby does.

2 days ago she was given 20 minutes to live. Someone somewhere has listened to a lot of prayers, and backed a right tough nut.

Still critical, but hope is brighter today.

CT Scan was ok, a part collapsed lung, so no real problem mending that. They took her off sedation for some tests. She squeezed a nurses finger, opened her eyes, and biggest of all, responded to spoken commands. (lift a foot, move a hand like), which means they reckon no brain damage!!!!!!

2 days ago she was given 20 minutes to live. Someone somewhere has listened to a lot of prayers, and backed a right tough nut.

Night is darkest before the dawn, mate.

Sending love and positive thoughts to you and Mrs R, stay strong.

That is really good to hear. When you said that she had to be revived three times and the doctors said they wouldn't do it again obviously she must have been listening to that and knew that she had to roll up her sleeves and fight. I'm in awe of your good lady to overcome all of that to get to this point.

Sending positive thoughts that she continues improving day by day.

That is really good to hear. When you said that she had to be revived three times and the doctors said they wouldn't do it again obviously she must have been listening to that and knew that she had to roll up her sleeves and fight. I'm in awe of your good lady to overcome all of that to get to this point.

Sending positive thoughts that she continues improving day by day.

It was FOUR! 3 before we got there, then another when we were at the hospital. Beggars belief.

Roydo,

My Al fella had a heart problem and went into hospital for an angiogram. He had a stroke on the table and was taken to intensive care.

The consultant called us all in and told us the damage caused by the stroke was catastrophic and they were unable to do anything else and we should say our goodbyes.

He hung on for 2 weeks in intensive care while we stayed by his bedside and then began to show faint signs of improvement.

I won't explain the details of his recovery as even as a nurse I don't understand them. His consultant couldn't explain it either. He was included in a medical study for unexplained recovery.

15 years later and he despite some physical problems he is cognitively sound and even able to go to the match sometimes. Maybe it just wasn't his time, maybe he just had a few years booing to do.

Never give up hope even in the face of adversity. Everyone on this forum is rooting for you and her.

X

Roydo,

My Al fella had a heart problem and went into hospital for an angiogram. He had a stroke on the table and was taken to intensive care.

The consultant called us all in and told us the damage caused by the stroke was catastrophic and they were unable to do anything else and we should say our goodbyes.

He hung on for 2 weeks in intensive care while we stayed by his bedside and then began to show faint signs of improvement.

I won't explain the details of his recovery as even as a nurse I don't understand them. His consultant couldn't explain it either. He was included in a medical study for unexplained recovery.

15 years later and he despite some physical problems he is cognitively sound and even able to go to the match sometimes. Maybe it just wasn't his time, maybe he just had a few years booing to do.

Never give up hope even in the face of adversity. Everyone on this forum is rooting for you and her.

X

Indeed. Medics know a lot, but they dont know everything. No one does. Your old man is testament to that.

Not throwing a Welcome Home party anytime soon, but on NYE I just wanted her alive. She is. And slowly improving.

And the messages of support have been a massive boost to me, both in public and plenty on PM. They are all very very appreciated. One day I will show them to Nikki. (Mrs R)