Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Turning your life into a "happy " version of the Trueman Show also shows a chronic lack of self confidence and happiness imo.

People who are genuinely happy don`t spend all day editing their lives, to make it seem all shiny and great, as they don`t need to.
Quite right.

I play guitar and sing a bit. People often comment that most of my songs are miserable ones and protest songs, never love songs. I agreed - but it doesn't mean I'm miserable. It's just that when I'm happy I have better things to do than pick up a guitar and write songs.
The singer songwriter [Poor language removed] Gaughan shared a similar sentiment with his song "a different kind of love song" - his protests and recounts of historical repression are songs of love for the humans so treated.

People would be well advised not to take another's public persona as a balanced reflection or representation of their life.

Recently re-connected with an old friend and met up for a drink over the weekend. I've lost contact with some good friends over the years due to my social anxiety.

I wanted to cancel due to anxiety on the day we were due to meet up but I pushed myself to go and I'm really glad I did. We hadn't spoken in over 10 years but it was just like old times. It's really given me a boost.

Quite right.

I play guitar and sing a bit. People often comment that most of my songs are miserable ones and protest songs, never love songs. I agreed - but it doesn't mean I'm miserable. It's just that when I'm happy I have better things to do than pick up a guitar and write songs.
The singer songwriter [Poor language removed] Gaughan shared a similar sentiment with his song "a different kind of love song" - his protests and recounts of historical repression are songs of love for the humans so treated.

People would be well advised not to take another's public persona as a balanced reflection or representation of their life.
Or forum persona's

Love

Frank

Meds post. Help requested.

Because I am a moron, and I'm having a lot of trouble with intrusive thoughts, I forgot to put a repeat prescription in for my meds, which means I have to go without until Thursday, because I have two tablets left - one for tomorrow, one for Monday - and I put my request in online today, and the surgery says now you have to wait 4 days for your meds. Is there any way I can get an emergency supply for 2 days? Venlafaxine is horrible and if I go without for even a day, I feel like crap.
Hello all. Thought I would share this with you. Was having a few beers with my 25 year old son yesterday. We got onto the subject of social media. He doesn't really do it at all. Only uses Messenger and goes on Reddit (if that counts as social media) He thinks that social media is the root cause of the mental health crisis we are currently seeing - and that is being masked by Brexit. He said it is people showing you the very best bits of their lives and none of the sh*te inbetween. Other people then feel unhappy because they can't match up to what they have seen and that their lives are dull and boring. He said it's like the gambler who will tell you about the big win but never about the losses.

He has just come back from an amazing holiday in Indonesia with two of his mates. He said his mates would spend at least an hour every night deciding what to post on Instagram and it really annoyed him. "My photos are for me Mum. I don't need to share them" I thought it was an interesting conversation and I know that it is what some of you on here have been saying for quite some time.

I thought about it and I believe he is probably right. I have a friend who in real life I love dearly, she's a good laugh and great company. Her social media self is awful. "look at me, here I am, here's my 180 pairs of shoes. What dress shall I wear tonight. Here's my entire calendar for the next year and all the places I'm going to" Nothing like the real person I know.
I don't think it's the cause, BUT it exacerbates it. I don't buy into all the Instagram crap - i mainly only go on there to look at pics of our players and people's pets - but I know a lot of younger women do. I had a similar complex about not having a sex life when I had friends who'd bang on about theirs, or their polyamorous relationships. In my case, it's Twitter. Twitter is poisonous. I post the odd holiday photo on Instagram, but that's it. I also refuse to friend any of my colleagues on Facebook. I have nothing in common with them.

Meds post. Help requested.

Because I am a moron, and I'm having a lot of trouble with intrusive thoughts, I forgot to put a repeat prescription in for my meds, which means I have to go without until Thursday, because I have two tablets left - one for tomorrow, one for Monday - and I put my request in online today, and the surgery says now you have to wait 4 days for your meds. Is there any way I can get an emergency supply for 2 days? Venlafaxine is horrible and if I go without for even a day, I feel like crap.

I don't think it's the cause, BUT it exacerbates it. I don't buy into all the Instagram crap - i mainly only go on there to look at pics of our players and people's pets - but I know a lot of younger women do. I had a similar complex about not having a sex life when I had friends who'd bang on about theirs, or their polyamorous relationships. In my case, it's Twitter. Twitter is poisonous. I post the odd holiday photo on Instagram, but that's it. I also refuse to friend any of my colleagues on Facebook. I have nothing in common with them.

I did away with Facebook and Twitter because pretty much everything I saw on there made me angry.

I stick to posting pictures of my food and occasionally my kids on Instagram and that’s it. Even then I recognise that I sanitise it massively - I should balance it out by posting photos of my burnt grub and my kids kicking off and covered in snot.

Not sure this is the place to discuss this but it will have a bearing on my mindset if you think I should start separate thread let me know and I will. I start chemotherapy on 17th May as they have decided I definitely do have Mesothelioma which is an asbestos related cancer. They have told me at this stage they can not cure the cancer but they are hoping with the chemo to prolong my life. Maybe sometime in the future if they can keep me alive there may be a cure. I'm in a good place at the minute but who knows how I'm going to feel but linking back to the social media I've found people have been very supportive and it was a good way of me telling people zi work with. I have since I have been on this thread cut back on Social media a bit as at one point it did have an unhealthy hold on me. The people in this thread regularly are wonderful humans and Evertonians to boot so coming in here is always therapeutic to me. I would like to say though I'm always here to talk to if any of you are having a hard time as I get enjoyment out of helping others or trying at least. Anyways enough of my ramblings just wanted you all to know and Mods if it needs moved I understand.

Not sure this is the place to discuss this but it will have a bearing on my mindset if you think I should start separate thread let me know and I will. I start chemotherapy on 17th May as they have decided I definitely do have Mesothelioma which is an asbestos related cancer. They have told me at this stage they can not cure the cancer but they are hoping with the chemo to prolong my life. Maybe sometime in the future if they can keep me alive there may be a cure. I'm in a good place at the minute but who knows how I'm going to feel but linking back to the social media I've found people have been very supportive and it was a good way of me telling people zi work with. I have since I have been on this thread cut back on Social media a bit as at one point it did have an unhealthy hold on me. The people in this thread regularly are wonderful humans and Evertonians to boot so coming in here is always therapeutic to me. I would like to say though I'm always here to talk to if any of you are having a hard time as I get enjoyment out of helping others or trying at least. Anyways enough of my ramblings just wanted you all to know and Mods if it needs moved I understand.
Best of luck with it mate . And fair play for offering to help others even though you are going through a tough time.
The offer is appreciated and repricated to you as well.

Best of luck with it mate . And fair play for offering to help others even though you are going through a tough time.
The offer is appreciated and repricated to you as well.

Thanks.

I just think it will take my mind off things. The biggest demons I have is when I'm alone with my thoughts. If I'm at work amongst people or out and about at gym I just feel so much better. I may come on here and post a lot hopefully not too much rubbish as I like the crack on here. Sometimes have to avoid certain threads after bad results but all in all good place to spend spare time.

Well first off mate you have found the right place and that’s good. Anyone who has ever visited this thread has felt scared and has worried about being honest and just letting it all out.

We’re all Toffees here. We all come here for something and that is to talk and reach out.

No matter what you are thinking, share it Lad and we’ll talk it out x

Well first off mate you have found the right place and that’s good. Anyone who has ever visited this thread has felt scared and has worried about being honest and just letting it all out.

We’re all Toffees here. We all come here for something and that is to talk and reach out.

No matter what you are thinking, share it Lad and we’ll talk it out x

This thread helped me last year when my head fell off with life and everyone helped me get back on track. This latest hammer blow came when I was mentally in a good place. I still am but as I said above when I'm alone my thoughts sometimes turn to the sad side. I suppose it's natural but I want to stay positive through this. I want people to remember me as a happy person not someone who was sad. I've never been Goodison so defo want to go a game next season and I also have a few other things I would like to do like a GP and Test Match abroad. These are the things that would give my remaining days focus but at the minute I need to see how treatment will affect me.

All the best with the treatment mate, there'll no doubt be some difficult times ahead but you're going into it with a great mindset so that's half the battle.

No matter how long or inane you think the ramblings may be make sure you always get it off your chest in here and someone is always about to listen and offer sensible advice. Good luck mate.

This thread helped me last year when my head fell off with life and everyone helped me get back on track. This latest hammer blow came when I was mentally in a good place. I still am but as I said above when I'm alone my thoughts sometimes turn to the sad side. I suppose it's natural but I want to stay positive through this. I want people to remember me as a happy person not someone who was sad. I've never been Goodison so defo want to go a game next season and I also have a few other things I would like to do like a GP and Test Match abroad. These are the things that would give my remaining days focus but at the minute I need to see how treatment will affect me.
You are allowed to feel sad mate. We all feel sad even if we are living the social media ideal.

In your posts I have always seen you as positive and constructive. Frustrated yeah like the rest of us but join the queue for the whine.

Just keep talking, don’t bottle it up.

You are allowed to feel sad mate. We all feel sad even if we are living the social media ideal.

In your posts I have always seen you as positive and constructive. Frustrated yeah like the rest of us but join the queue for the whine.

Just keep talking, don’t bottle it up.

I know you can feel sad but when I do it tends to spiral so trying to keep my chin up as if it goes down it will be a tough job getting it back up. I will keep talking and that will help I'm sure. Already feeling better as all the posts do far have been so kind.

All the best with the treatment mate, there'll no doubt be some difficult times ahead but you're going into it with a great mindset so that's half the battle.

No matter how long or inane you think the ramblings may be make sure you always get it off your chest in here and someone is always about to listen and offer sensible advice. Good luck mate.

Mindset will be my greatest chance I believe hence why you lot by helping keep me sane will give me best chance.

Good luck. Chemo is horrible, my brother had it for his Hodgkin's lymphoma, but it could well have saved his life.