Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Nah, that's not inappropriate, that's awesome.

Sort of football-related: I'm having a massive anxiety attack right now because of the City game and I hate it and I just want this stupid bloody season to be over because I'm scared of what I'll do to myself if Liverpool win the league.

Nah, that's not inappropriate, that's awesome.

Sort of football-related: I'm having a massive anxiety attack right now because of the City game and I hate it and I just want this stupid bloody season to be over because I'm scared of what I'll do to myself if Liverpool win the league.

Look at it another way.

It will be delicious when they lose it on the last day of the season, having been spanked mid week by Barcelona.

I’m so looking forward to the mass photos of crying Kopites.

They won't. City are not going to beat this Leicester side and Liverpool won't lose to Wolves.

And the worst thing is, I've got Space on Friday and I had an argument with one of them about Suarez and he knows I support Everton and I'm scared he'll have a go at me if he sees me at the gig.

They won't. City are not going to beat this Leicester side and Liverpool won't lose to Wolves.

And the worst thing is, I've got Space on Friday and I had an argument with one of them about Suarez and he knows I support Everton and I'm scared he'll have a go at me if he sees me at the gig.

There you go, job done.

off to the docs to review my citalopram dose today..

currently on 20mg a day and feeling a lot better within myself, doing this course which id have normally ducked out of and being a lot more sociable.

things ive noticed on them, are severe nightmares, which have been causing insomnia, constant runny, stuffed nose and tiredness , which will be down to the insomnia..

Im not sure what the doc will suggest as the citalopram is working for me, but the side effects are quite unbarable… esp the nightmares and tiredness.

has anyone gone from citalopram to another med with less problems ???

off to the docs to review my citalopram dose today..

currently on 20mg a day and feeling a lot better within myself, doing this course which id have normally ducked out of and being a lot more sociable.

things ive noticed on them, are severe nightmares, which have been causing insomnia, constant runny, stuffed nose and tiredness , which will be down to the insomnia..

Im not sure what the doc will suggest as the citalopram is working for me, but the side effects are quite unbarable… esp the nightmares and tiredness.

has anyone gone from citalopram to another med with less problems ???

Loads of meds give you wild dreams Frank, seems to be an unavoidable consequence.

How long have you been on them now, as they normally say that it takes 2 - 4 weeks before you see the full benefits ?

If your GP says to come off them, you`ll have to " taper " - slowly reduce your current dose before you switch meds, as its not a good thing to just stop taking them.

It`s can be really hit and miss with anti depressants and can take a while before you find the one that`s right for you.

Be advised by your GP ;)

Loads of meds give you wild dreams Frank, seems to be an unavoidable consequence.

How long have you been on them now, as they normally say that it takes 2 - 4 weeks before you see the full benefits ?

If your GP says to come off them, you`ll have to " taper " - slowly reduce your current dose before you switch meds, as its not a good thing to just stop taking them.

It`s can be really hit and miss with anti depressants and can take a while before you find the one that`s right for you.

Be advised by your GP ;)

several weeks now mate.

I am feeling loads better... but my nightmares are quite extreme..

the thought of coming off these though worries me, as I don't want to have an episode like I did earlier in the year , utterly terrible.

several weeks now mate.

I am feeling loads better... but my nightmares are quite extreme..

the thought of coming off these though worries me, as I don't want to have an episode like I did earlier in the year , utterly terrible.

It could be that the dose your taking is slightly too high / too low and needs tweaking.

I never got nightmares, just really wild and bizarre dreams, where I`d wake up covered in sweat. It settled down in the end, but ale deffo did them it no good, so I severely reduced my drinking whilst I was on them ( your not supposed to drink at all on them, but you you have to live ! )

I suspect your GP may change your dose and see how that goes.

It could be that the dose your taking is slightly too high / too low and needs tweaking.

I never got nightmares, just really wild and bizarre dreams, where I`d wake up covered in sweat. It settled down in the end, but ale deffo did them it no good, so I severely reduced my drinking whilst I was on them ( your not supposed to drink at all on them, but you you have to live ! )

ive cut down my drinking cos im not so stressed out by working as a bricky anymore.. it really used to get to me. the beer was a stress reliever at the end of a physically and mentally draining day.

most nights im waking up with my pillow drenched in sweat and me wandering what the hell I was dreaming of , mainly war scenes and family members being hurt or car crashes etc etc … bloody horrible stuff

the doc has put on my on fluexitene… (Prozac I believe ) I don't have to wean off the citalopram, I just start them off, but at half dose for a week then on to 20mg from then on

we will review the new meds in 4 weeks..

Last edited:
the doc has put on my on fluexitene… (Prozac I believe ) I don't have to wean off the citalopram, I just start them off, but at half dose for a week then on to 20mg from then on

we will review the new meds in 4 weeks..

Yep, that’s Prozac.

It’s good that you didn’t have to taper, but you may feel a bit spaced out for a few days when you switch over to the new stuff.

is the bad name Prozac has warranted ??

It was / is the mostly commonly prescribed, so became the generic term by default amongst the public for anti depressants.

It wouldn’t be so widely prescribed if it didn’t work mate.

From what I know about it, it’s the one that ticks the most boxes, hence why it’s so widely prescribed

It was / is the mostly commonly prescribed, so became the generic term by default amongst the public for anti depressants.

It wouldn’t be so widely prescribed if it didn’t work mate.

From what I know about it, it’s the one that ticks the most boxes, hence why it’s so widely prescribed

cheers mate