Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Relapse. All because we lost 2-0 to Fulham.

I hate myself far more than I hate the squad because the delusional part of me thinks it's my fault. I said we'd lose and we did and now I've gone and hurt myself. At least it's not too deep.

I think this is more common than you would possibly think. I have a severe jinx complex that leads me to not watching many matches anymore. Amazing that I, you or anyone else could feel guilt over what Everton do. As if I have special powers to do anything, let alone control 11 other people to play rubbish!

Said it before but no one should in effect make a sacrifice by injuring themselves over what happens to Everton. They don't seem to care so why should we as fans go over the top for them? These things come in cycles and hopefully one day there will be another great Everton side that deserves our emotions.

It's good to hear you have found a hobby with the quiz site. Replacing the negative things in your life with more positive ones sounds exactly what is required.

My amazing friend Robert Vaughan is fundraising for Campaign Against Living Miserably. Donate to Robert's JustGiving page https://www.justgiving.com/ForJames2019?utm_source=Whatsapp

A lad who I play football with is doing the 3 peak challenge to raise awareness about depression in men. I hope the mods allow this and if anyone is willing to sponsor anything will help. If it saves a life in the future then it’s all worth it

Hello all. Thought I would share this with you. Was having a few beers with my 25 year old son yesterday. We got onto the subject of social media. He doesn't really do it at all. Only uses Messenger and goes on Reddit (if that counts as social media) He thinks that social media is the root cause of the mental health crisis we are currently seeing - and that is being masked by Brexit. He said it is people showing you the very best bits of their lives and none of the sh*te inbetween. Other people then feel unhappy because they can't match up to what they have seen and that their lives are dull and boring. He said it's like the gambler who will tell you about the big win but never about the losses.

He has just come back from an amazing holiday in Indonesia with two of his mates. He said his mates would spend at least an hour every night deciding what to post on Instagram and it really annoyed him. "My photos are for me Mum. I don't need to share them" I thought it was an interesting conversation and I know that it is what some of you on here have been saying for quite some time.

I thought about it and I believe he is probably right. I have a friend who in real life I love dearly, she's a good laugh and great company. Her social media self is awful. "look at me, here I am, here's my 180 pairs of shoes. What dress shall I wear tonight. Here's my entire calendar for the next year and all the places I'm going to" Nothing like the real person I know.

Hello all. Thought I would share this with you. Was having a few beers with my 25 year old son yesterday. We got onto the subject of social media. He doesn't really do it at all. Only uses Messenger and goes on Reddit (if that counts as social media) He thinks that social media is the root cause of the mental health crisis we are currently seeing - and that is being masked by Brexit. He said it is people showing you the very best bits of their lives and none of the sh*te inbetween. Other people then feel unhappy because they can't match up to what they have seen and that their lives are dull and boring. He said it's like the gambler who will tell you about the big win but never about the losses.

He has just come back from an amazing holiday in Indonesia with two of his mates. He said his mates would spend at least an hour every night deciding what to post on Instagram and it really annoyed him. "My photos are for me Mum. I don't need to share them" I thought it was an interesting conversation and I know that it is what some of you on here have been saying for quite some time.

I thought about it and I believe he is probably right. I have a friend who in real life I love dearly, she's a good laugh and great company. Her social media self is awful. "look at me, here I am, here's my 180 pairs of shoes. What dress shall I wear tonight. Here's my entire calendar for the next year and all the places I'm going to" Nothing like the real person I know.
All very true but you cant expect people to post the bad bits can ya? Sitting on a toilet or cleaning the kitchen? Dosent make sense ..

People want to see the best bits and if you dont then just dont use social media as your son does

But totally agree its route of evil unless you always bare in mind what it is.. a place to show off basically...

All very true but you cant expect people to post the bad bits can ya? Sitting on a toilet or cleaning the kitchen? Dosent make sense ..

People want to see the best bits and if you dont then just dont use social media as your son does

But totally agree its route of evil unless you always bare in mind what it is.. a place to show off basically...

Turning your life into a "happy " version of the Trueman Show also shows a chronic lack of self confidence and happiness imo.

People who are genuinely happy don`t spend all day editing their lives, to make it seem all shiny and great, as they don`t need to.

Your lad sounds very sensible! Another thing is the amount of disciplinaries that arise becomes someones facebook 'friend' has grassed them up for posting something controversial. Another thing that's on the rise that shows social media for what it is.

Your lad sounds very sensible! Another thing is the amount of disciplinaries that arise becomes someones facebook 'friend' has grassed them up for posting something controversial. Another thing that's on the rise that shows social media for what it is.
Oh God yes!! I represented 4 people in my old place of work for something they put on social media. Somebody - a "friend" had printed off their conversation and given it to the HR manager. They kept their jobs by the skin of their teeth. After that I was like the Facebook police! I quite often messaged our members telling them to take something off their page. Never ever put where you work on your profile and make sure your privacy settings are nailed down.

Turning your life into a "happy " version of the Trueman Show also shows a chronic lack of self confidence and happiness imo.

People who are genuinely happy don`t spend all day editing their lives, to make it seem all shiny and great, as they don`t need to.
I think this is very true. There are an awful lot of people out there seeking some kind of self affirmation based on how many "likes" they get

I would venture that social media was intended to be social. Not a fantasy.

For me Social Media is an absolute double edge sword. On the one hand you have the show offs who like to rub your face in their success you also have the people who are down who try to drag you down with them. However in some of my darkest moments people have been there for me when if it hadn't been for social media they wouldn't even be in my life. Since I've been on this page I have controlled my social media activity a bit and the bad side is obvious but I do believe like anything if it's used properly it can be a really good addition to your life.

For me Social Media is an absolute double edge sword. On the one hand you have the show offs who like to rub your face in their success you also have the people who are down who try to drag you down with them. However in some of my darkest moments people have been there for me when if it hadn't been for social media they wouldn't even be in my life. Since I've been on this page I have controlled my social media activity a bit and the bad side is obvious but I do believe like anything if it's used properly it can be a really good addition to your life.
For me, I enjoy it. I can recognise the attention seekers with passive aggressive statuses (Some people..... followed invariably by You Ok hun? pm me) the show offs and the fantasists and ignore them. I think it should be fun. I quite like looking at people's photos (probably because I'm a nosey mare)and it's a good way of keeping in touch with friends and relatives who live far away. I'm also not friends with anybody I don't know in real life. However I am much more aware of the negative effects that it can have than I ever was.