Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

They’re not supposed to make you feel “ happy “ mate, they’re supposed to make you feel “ normal “ or a close to it as you can be.

The problem with them, is that they’re aren’t an exact science and work differently for different people, so getting it right can be quite hit and miss to start with.

I understand that they aren't supposed to make you magically happy..

but its nice to feel normal and find yourself thinking good thoughts and smiling every now and then.

when you haven't had that in years, it is a weird feeling

I understand that they aren't supposed to make you magically happy..

but its nice to feel normal and find yourself thinking good thoughts and smiling every now and then.

when you haven't had that in years, it is a weird feeling

It can be quite scary to start with, as you get so used to feeling like crap, that you can almost forget what feeling normal is like.

ive just had the phone appointment with the doc, who has said to saty on 20mg Citalapram for now, as im just 6 weeks in and so should start to feel the full effects of it now after an initial bump in mood.

he seems to think the stress that my job brings could be a factor in my current mental state. ive never really 'enjoyed' working in the building trade, I know plenty of people do not enjoy their work, but I particulally hate my job, so im looking at a whole new career change..

I will be finding out a bit later if I can get on a course which ive always wanted to do.
This and your previous posts definitely show a more positive you. Really hope you get on the course you want to do

This and your previous posts definitely show a more positive you. Really hope you get on the course you want to do

ive just come back from a meeting in town, and it does seem that they have accepted me on to the course..

im really happy here now, as I wasn't sure id qualify getting on the course.

I will probly start a thread on it in the ale house when it starts at the end of April.

thanks for your kind response

ive just come back from a meeting in town, and it does seem that they have accepted me on to the course..

im really happy here now, as I wasn't sure id qualify getting on the course.

I will probly start a thread on it in the ale house when it starts at the end of April.

thanks for your kind response
What is it chuck