Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I was on 20mg and then 40mg and found they made me feel tired an hour or so after taking them for the first week, then that passed and they worked really well for me, no other side effects and helped the invasive anxious thoughts which helped me get a lot of stuff sorted.

I guess @Bryan goes to show though that they effect people in different ways so just monitor it and take advice from the GP and see how it goes then tweak the dosage or change the medication on their advice.

I take 40mg every morning and it really works for me. It seems like it's different for everyone though.

Absolutely fuming at myself as I had a panic attack at work caught completely off guard and feel like I look like an absolute idiot in front of colleagues

Been understaffed and the workload on me has been crazy and one of the new team leaders has very little people skills or understanding of the job the staff are doing and is changing what I’m working on every ten minutes despite their being 5/6 case loads open on my desk.

Feel like such an idiot and embarrassed - could do without this - been in such a good place.

Speak up if you’re under pressure and don’t hold yourself responsible for everything that won’t get done in time - advice for you all that I should have taken!

Absolutely fuming at myself as I had a panic attack at work caught completely off guard and feel like I look like an absolute idiot in front of colleagues

Been understaffed and the workload on me has been crazy and one of the new team leaders has very little people skills or understanding of the job the staff are doing and is changing what I’m working on every ten minutes despite their being 5/6 case loads open on my desk.

Feel like such an idiot and embarrassed - could do without this - been in such a good place.

Speak up if you’re under pressure and don’t hold yourself responsible for everything that won’t get done in time - advice for you all that I should have taken!
Don't beat yourself up about it. Micromanagement (which it sounds like your team leader is operating) is toxic If your company has anything about it they will do something to understand what happened and act on it. Employers love to pay lip service to tackling mental health in the workplace but when they have to do something it's a completely different scenario.

20mg, they have turned me into an emotionless zombie tbh. Wish I’d never taken them, they have removed my constant anger and frustrations and replaced them with “meh”.
I found that with them too.

I've dropped from 20mg to 10mg starting today, looking at being off them completely in 8 weeks.

Edit: I should add that they worked to get me out of the constant state of anxiety i was in though. No good for the libido though

I've read some reviews online, but not sure which to believe etc..

Good to hear a real life version.

What dose are you on mate?

I've only been on them a week but feel light headed for a couple hours after taking it. 20mg
20mg, they have turned me into an emotionless zombie tbh. Wish I’d never taken them, they have removed my constant anger and frustrations and replaced them with “meh”.
I found that with them too.

I've dropped from 20mg to 10mg starting today, looking at being off them completely in 8 weeks.

Edit: I should add that they worked to get me out of the constant state of anxiety i was in though. No good for the libido though
And this is why we need to appreciate that everyone is different.

They worked an absolute treat for the wife.

Sounds like Setraline may suit you better.

And this is why we need to appreciate that everyone is different.

They worked an absolute treat for the wife.

Sounds like Setraline may suit you better.
I was originally on sertraline, and was up to 250mg a day on them, they didn't do anything for me.

these citalopram, seemed to have perked me up a little bit already I think. ive only been on them a week, but I haven't been having as much anxiety or negative thoughts ..

have people, family and friends noticed a big or any difference in you from these citalopram or is it something you only can see within yourself ?

@Bungle

have people, family and friends noticed a big or any difference in you from these citalopram or is it something you only can see within yourself ?

@Bungle

Yep other people definitely noticed before I did and once someone pointed out that I did something they wouldn't normally expect to see me do I started noticing lots of little improvements and it just kind of grew from there.

I've gone from always sending someone else to the bar for drinks or avoiding certain places because of my anxiety to now not really thinking about it and just getting on with it, I try and put myself in situations I know I'd previously have felt uncomfortable in to make sure I don't let it slip. I think CBT played a big part in it alongside the Citalopram, probably took 3-4 weeks of meds before I really noticed anything though. The thought of fighting in front of a few hundred people would be just about my worst nightmare a few months back.

Yep other people definitely noticed before I did and once someone pointed out that I did something they wouldn't normally expect to see me do I started noticing lots of little improvements and it just kind of grew from there.

I've gone from always sending someone else to the bar for drinks or avoiding certain places because of my anxiety to now not really thinking about it and just getting on with it, I try and put myself in situations I know I'd previously have felt uncomfortable in to make sure I don't let it slip. I think CBT played a big part in it alongside the Citalopram, probably took 3-4 weeks of meds before I really noticed anything though. The thought of fighting in front of a few hundred people would be just about my worst nightmare a few months back.

ah right, I was hoping for this kind of response... im hoping I have the same reaction to it.

we sound very similar

don't hate me !

ah right, I was hoping for this kind of response... im hoping I have the same reaction to it.

we sound very similar

don't hate me !

I spent quite a lot of my life mistaking depression and anxiety, I've no doubt had some fairly severe depression at varying stages in my life but anxiety wasn't actually diagnosed and treated until 3/4 years ago. The CBT was great and the difference in social situations has been massive, there's still a lot of work to do but I'm managing the simple things without getting anxious about them.

I've said before but it really was the simplest things that got me, walking into a pub/restaurant and it feeling like the whole focus was on me and absolutely crippling me to the point I'd turn round and leave more often than not. I found I'd always pick seats which were hidden away and if there weren't any I'd leave. I'd get to the door for interviews, appointments or social events and stand outside fighting with myself to go in, I'd invariably turn around and go home feeling like a complete loser and beat myself up about it. There was a time where even on here I'd post something and if it was challenged I'd feel hugely anxious about responding in case my argument was picked apart and I looked stupid, hence I just deliberately make myself look stupid before anyone else does now.

I type the above out and think how utterly mad it is that I worry about things that minor, but I'm not really arsed what anyone thinks of it and it's good to be open because there''ll definitely be someone else reading it that feels to daft to type it. That's what I tell myself anyone.

@Bungle

Not really, i have been able to 'operate' at a normal pace, as @Bungle mentions thats a perfect example ' going the bar ', conversing in a usually awkward environment etc, all gets a bit easier. I would say as a side effect of the 'meh' effect, you (i) give up caring in the sense of worrying about anxiety getting in the way, and end up just powering through.