Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

A relative of mine is highly likely to pass away this week. We've known this has been coming for a while now but its really hitting home now we are at the end stage

IDK what i'm really trying to say but this will be the first time a person close to me has passed. Just a nasty situation

So he passed a few hours ago

From what i hear the last day or two were just misery for him so at least he is now at peace

I feel like i should that wish i saw him one last time but honestly i know he didn't want people seeing him in that condition

I feel a bit useless atm, i live a fair way away from home and my family so i can't be around - not until the weekend any way

IDK what i'm trying to get across here, but an anonymous place to express is nice

Hello - I have been researching depression for many years now, and have also had pharmaceutical and therapy treatments myself, that I'd like to share if that's OK?
I've been trying to add to this - but I get a warning message that my message contains spam....which it does not - any thoughts, moderators? Ta

I've been trying to add to this - but I get a warning message that my message contains spam....which it does not - any thoughts, moderators? Ta

Your IP was switching between the UK and a country in Europe and as a new member the system dectected it as suspicious. If you could avoid using any proxy/IP for your first few posts at least until you're a verified member (5+ posts) then that would help.

From what i hear the last day or two were just misery for him so at least he is now at peace

I feel like i should that wish i saw him one last time but honestly i know he didn't want people seeing him in that condition

I feel a bit useless atm, i live a fair way away from home and my family so i can't be around - not until the weekend any way

IDK what i'm trying to get across here, but an anonymous place to express is nice
So sorry to hear that he has passed but as you say he is at peace now. I hope that you find solace in your memories of happy times and the comfort of your family at the weekend. Best wishes.?

The end stages are very difficult for everyone mate, so don`t beat yourself up too much.

I`ve recently been through it, with a very dear friend, who was in a local hospice and although I did get to see he before she went, I fully understood after I left, why she didn`t really want anyone, other than close family members seeing her the way she was, as she was skin and bone, drugged up to the eyeballs for the pain and barely lucid.

Give your mate a good send off at the funeral and his wake and remember him for the good friend he was.

Sorry to hear this. Sending condolences x

Really not seeing a way out at the moment. Just constant depression and nothing to look forward to in life. No one there for me. Every day is dark and a waste. I’m just marking time
Dwelling on it is making it worse, we are nearly into February and then it is spring proper. Bit more sun and light. The everton cloud will dissipate. Activity is important, going for a walk daily, or the gym if you can manage it (avoid the protein powder plums in the gym thread!) swimming is good, sauna and steam, its all about matching up the little things. Things didn't get dark and hopeless in an instant, they wont undo in an instant either. Small steps, a bit at a time, try and eat well and drink plenty of water. If you treat yourself like rubbish it's no surprise if you feel rubbish. Booze doesn't help.

Really not seeing a way out at the moment. Just constant depression and nothing to look forward to in life. No one there for me. Every day is dark and a waste. I’m just marking time
Really sorry you are feeling like this at the moment. You say there is no one there for you, have you family and friends? They may not be aware of how you are feeling. Have you sought medical advice? I know it’s a cliche but there is always light at the end of the tunnel even if it is difficult to see it at times. Best wishes.?

Hi mate. Have you got a routine most days? Are you getting up for work and stuff. You need to keep yourself busy.
I've learned over the last couple of years as well that there are people there for me but they have busy lives and I have to make an effort sometimes with them. But I've also accepted that I just like my own company.