Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Been reading this for a long time, but never felt the need to post until today. I know my problems aren't as large as some on here but I really feel at the end of my rope this week.

I just seem to keep making problems for myself and letting my wife down in totally avoidable ways. I've had some stress with work over the last couple of months (in fact I started a completely new career at the end of last year so a lot of learning on the job and doing extra) and I just feel all at sea. I got the day of her birthday wrong at the start of the month (thought it was sunday, was in fact saturday) which is never good and I've made a few messes with admin (not paying stuff on time) that have cost us a few hundred quid.

I had a mate visiting last night who lives abroad now and I hadn't seen in person in like 10 years. We were supposed to meet her but then he wanted to go to this place and see that thing and have one more beer and I lost track of time and kept her waiting for over an hour.

I don't know why I keep making these messes and I hate letting her down and hurting her. It's even small stuff that my head is too busy to process (locking doors, turning lights out). It's just hit me this morning when she called me a loser and said she'd had enough of living with a child that I must be hell to live with. My brain is always in 4 different places, I can never focus on anything for more than a minute etc etc.

I really feel like I'm losing the most important person in my life and I keep on making stupid mistakes that contribute to it. When I try hard to fix one error, it just takes focus away from the other 3 problems that are looming and I end up making it worse. I feel like I've spent my whole life chasing my tail and getting nowhere.

Sorry for the wall of text. I'm just feeling in a really bad place and don't know who to talk to.

Been reading this for a long time, but never felt the need to post until today. I know my problems aren't as large as some on here but I really feel at the end of my rope this week.

I just seem to keep making problems for myself and letting my wife down in totally avoidable ways. I've had some stress with work over the last couple of months (in fact I started a completely new career at the end of last year so a lot of learning on the job and doing extra) and I just feel all at sea. I got the day of her birthday wrong at the start of the month (thought it was sunday, was in fact saturday) which is never good and I've made a few messes with admin (not paying stuff on time) that have cost us a few hundred quid.

I had a mate visiting last night who lives abroad now and I hadn't seen in person in like 10 years. We were supposed to meet her but then he wanted to go to this place and see that thing and have one more beer and I lost track of time and kept her waiting for over an hour.

I don't know why I keep making these messes and I hate letting her down and hurting her. It's even small stuff that my head is too busy to process (locking doors, turning lights out). It's just hit me this morning when she called me a loser and said she'd had enough of living with a child that I must be hell to live with. My brain is always in 4 different places, I can never focus on anything for more than a minute etc etc.

I really feel like I'm losing the most important person in my life and I keep on making stupid mistakes that contribute to it. When I try hard to fix one error, it just takes focus away from the other 3 problems that are looming and I end up making it worse. I feel like I've spent my whole life chasing my tail and getting nowhere.

Sorry for the wall of text. I'm just feeling in a really bad place and don't know who to talk to.
Can totally identify mate. I become a proper scatter brain when I'm highly stressed, paying bills late, accidentally missing appointments, turning up late for stuff, forgetting to check things before I leave the house, even sometimes unable to organise myself to shave regularly lol

Is it tied to your change of career? I'd have thought it's pretty normal to feel all at sea in a completely new career. Is it likely to calm down once you've learned the ropes a bit and feel more comfortable?

Talk to her and explain what's happened and why? sometimes we assume partners know what's going on when they don't know the detail.

Can totally identify mate. I become a proper scatter brain when I'm highly stressed, paying bills late, accidentally missing appointments, turning up late for stuff, forgetting to check things before I leave the house, even sometimes unable to organise myself to shave regularly lol

Is it tied to your change of career? I'd have thought it's pretty normal to feel all at sea in a completely new career. Is it likely to calm down once you've learned the ropes a bit and feel more comfortable?

I'd like to imagine it would but, if i'm being honest, I've been this disorganised for pretty much my whole life. It just seems to be coming to a head more frequently in the last 6 months or so. I hate making other people's life worse through my own mistakes and (I hope) that the penny has finally dropped that I need to take it seriously and find ways to deal with it.

I've had problems with stress and depression my whole adult life and hopefully doing something to make one part of the equation better has an impact on the other. I just hope it's not too late to make a difference or for my wife.

I'd like to imagine it would but, if i'm being honest, I've been this disorganised for pretty much my whole life. It just seems to be coming to a head more frequently in the last 6 months or so. I hate making other people's life worse through my own mistakes and (I hope) that the penny has finally dropped that I need to take it seriously and find ways to deal with it.

I've had problems with stress and depression my whole adult life and hopefully doing something to make one part of the equation better has an impact on the other. I just hope it's not too late to make a difference or for my wife.
@davids is absolutely right, talk to your wife, explain your feelings, your situation at work etc. On a practical level to deal with remembering birthdays, dealing with bills and suchlike set up reminders on your phone - I use lists and post-it notes because I’m old lol. All the best.?

@davids is absolutely right, talk to your wife, explain your feelings, your situation at work etc. On a practical level to deal with remembering birthdays, dealing with bills and suchlike set up reminders on your phone - I use lists and post-it notes because I’m old lol. All the best.?

I've just tried to explain it to her, but I think she's still too angry to engage with it. As far as reminders, I had one on my phone for her birthday... the day after her birthday ?

I just feel so incredibly stupid. I've no idea why she stays with me.