Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Hey guys, just a quick update.

Managed to get my wife to have a decent conversation with me. Went full mea culpa but tried to outline how my head has been the last few months. Also explained that I was going to the doctor about it today. She said that it would explain a lot of the stuff she's been on me about for a while now (generally not taking care of myself, working too hard, doing out of character stuff I hadn't noticed myself) was, all told, pretty understanding but understandably pissed off and hurt by what I'd done: so that wasn't as bad as I feared.

Doctor this morning I was pretty stern on what I wanted from him and walked out of there with a referral letter for a consultant psychologist for assessment for ADHD/ various other stuff.

All told, pretty good 12 hours.

Once again, big thanks to everybody whos taken the time to read and to everyone who offered their advice. You're all fantastic.
So pleased to hear this. You've done some really positive and alsi quite difficult things today. Nice one x

Lost a mate a couple of weeks ago, funeral today. If you are noticing yourself becoming more withdrawn or your mood darkening let someone know, you are not burdening them, and the same goes with keeping tabs on your friends, a message, a chat over a coffee, its doable. Nothing hurts like loss, and its shattering to so many.
So sorry to read this. Sending you my thoughts and best wishes.?

Thanks for that, I also wanted to point out that I'm not the victim in this situation. I don't view myself as being wronged, she's fully in her rights to be angry, disappointed and frustrated with me. She's put up with so much of this stuff from me over the time we've been together and I have no idea why she keeps on doing it.
Lobster, I am only seeing this now. My very best support and wishes to you. My beloved wife of over 30 years and our daughter have put up with my moods.

The.mind is a very strange place. There are days when I don't want to get out of bed. Yet I had a very successful albeit stressful working career. Retired now but still have bad days.

Churchill also struggled with his "black dog". I have three dogs, one of which is black ?.

She is an old pet. Stay strong my friend.

Made a decision that I need the doctor again and going to go back on antidepressants. Tired of trying to fight it on my own and making myself worse so no more struggling and I'm going to get the help I need.
Scouse, first things first, stabilize. Get that right and you can look at " what's making me depressed " more thoughtfully with a clearer mind. So well done. As you know it's not always possible to find the reasons why we get depressed. Science REALLY doesn't know the answer if truth be known. But it's important to find out the possible reasons which contribute to us feeling terrible. That is possible, being Pro active in trying to stop us getting worse is always best. . So good move in getting some " psychotropic" help as they often take the edge of things. Take care