Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Nightmare. But you can't do anything about the tree on the line so don't stress about it - it is what it is. Take control over the the things you can influence and ignore the rest that you cannot. Hope all your visits go well and you and your son manage to have some fun together
Yeah I just freak out that the little one will get over tired and have tantrums because it's a long boring journey for him. He was good as gold tbf. Saw my uncle today wasn't as gloomy as I thought but still depressing. Dreading seeing how my dad is in care home because I've no idea how much more the dementia has taken hold. Was a funny story my brother told me, he went in the hospital recently and my dad looked at him in absolute disbelief because he thought he'd just been with his RAF mates back in the 40s when my brother walked in the hospital. He couldn't work out what had happened and thought he was some sort of time traveler. Sounds fun to me. Thanks for your kind words

Yeah I just freak out that the little one will get over tired and have tantrums because it's a long boring journey for him. He was good as gold tbf. Saw my uncle today wasn't as gloomy as I thought but still depressing. Dreading seeing how my dad is in care home because I've no idea how much more the dementia has taken hold. Was a funny story my brother told me, he went in the hospital recently and my dad looked at him in absolute disbelief because he thought he'd just been with his RAF mates back in the 40s when my brother walked in the hospital. He couldn't work out what had happened and thought he was some sort of time traveler. Sounds fun to me. Thanks for your kind words
Aaw. Bless. My Grandad had dementia. He would chat about his recent visitors- most of whom were long dead. Good luck seeing your Dad. X

Aaw. Bless. My Grandad had dementia. He would chat about his recent visitors- most of whom were long dead. Good luck seeing your Dad. X
Yeah this is the thing I lost my nan who was my absolute favourite to dementia so I know how it ends. I spoke to a medium recently that was recommended by a friend and she said he was going to die another way before the dementia killed him..so that's something to look forward to I guess ;)

Get angry about stuff really easily at the moment, which is not ideal,especially as it's for no 'real' reason. Only really manifests itself online, but apologies for being so shouty and sweary today.
Mr. Wayne,
everyone has good days and bad days. Its all about how you handle yourself outside of the issue. The biggest thing is to admit you are "getting angry about stuff easy." You identified the issue now pick away to the root cause of the issue. I always admired you and your meaningful post on here so keep that head up.
Your Pal,
Grinch

I find myself more and more isolated and it feels like the walls are closing in. Really don’t want to be alive but at the same time I’m not brave enough to take my own life. Utterly trapped.

I find myself more and more isolated and it feels like the walls are closing in. Really don’t want to be alive but at the same time I’m not brave enough to take my own life. Utterly trapped.

There’s nothing brave about suicide IMO. Important you talk to someone if you feel like you’re struggling that much though. If you can tell strangers on the Internet then you can tell a stranger in a therapy session. There are always answers & solutions that don’t involve just giving up.

Only just read this , genuinely sorry for making stupid jokes about you being a bit ‘louder’ than usual . Obviously no offence meant .

None taken at all mate. It's ultimately my responsibility how I behave. What's been interesting is how relatively lonely it's been. Obviously we talk to each other about stuff a lot, but whether it's because they don't know what to say or something, friends and family haven't been in touch a great deal. You like to think they're not good time friends, you know, but it has been noticeable, especially for my wife who doesn't have a community of online weirdos smashers to turn to. It does underline how valuable this thread is though I think, as it's perhaps easier for people to not only open up, but offer support themselves.

None taken at all mate. It's ultimately my responsibility how I behave. What's been interesting is how relatively lonely it's been. Obviously we talk to each other about stuff a lot, but whether it's because they don't know what to say or something, friends and family haven't been in touch a great deal. You like to think they're not good time friends, you know, but it has been noticeable, especially for my wife who doesn't have a community of online weirdos smashers to turn to. It does underline how valuable this thread is though I think, as it's perhaps easier for people to not only open up, but offer support themselves.

I Don’t really post in here although I read it and the support is amazing . I’ve got PTSD , had it for quite a long time, a remanent of another life really . Fortunately for me the majority of my really bad times seem , without being too over confident , in the past . The gym ,exercise and a variety of mindfulness quasi non religious Spiritual type stuff has got me through it . Seriously though I’m sure many have offered but if you ever need to chart/unload give me a shout .

There’s nothing brave about suicide IMO. Important you talk to someone if you feel like you’re struggling that much though. If you can tell strangers on the Internet then you can tell a stranger in a therapy session. There are always answers & solutions that don’t involve just giving up.

Thank you. It feels easier saying it here but you’re right I need to tell someone in real life.

Thank you. It feels easier saying it here but you’re right I need to tell someone in real life.

Will always be easier typing it out than speaking in my opinion so I'm with you there. First time I went to my GP I was a nervous wreck but they're not there to judge and you don't have to tell them everything just starting is good. I actually managed to set up a sort of letter system with my GP the very first time as I was much more comfortable writing it down and then they responded by writing down too.