Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Im having ridiculously realistic dreams the last few nights. I wake up and im not sure whether im awake. Might have something to do with the below statement tho

To be honest the first thing i thought of was how great it would be to trip balls while being in there. Floating around full of mushrooms

Thatd be fantastic
If you fancy a few trippy dreams,try some Melatonin.

So, at the start of this year, the wife found out she was pregnant. We weren't not planning, but equally, we're both over 40 so didn't really expect anything to happen either, so it was a bit of a shock. At our age, these things aren't straightforward though, and she was really sick the past fortnight. I work from home, so was able to look after her, but her family obviously live in another country, and mine are [Poor language removed], so we've been kind of on our own with it. It didn't help (from my perspective at least) that the medical staff seem to treat you like you're not there during any consultation.

On Tuesday, due to complications, we lost the baby. I'd kinda considered that parenting wouldn't happen, for a variety of reasons, but had warmed to the idea over the past 6 weeks. Obviously my wife has been pretty unwell physically, and it's been very hard mentally as well, so you try and be strong for her while also trying to keep things ticking over, as I freelance so don't get any sick pay or any of that. Being busy has perhaps helped to not think about things too much, but with our age, we both appreciate that this may have been the last chance.

We're looking for a decent couples counsellor to go to, but haven't told anyone yet what's happened, and it feels very lonely at the minute. You random internet weirdos will do.
Sorry to read about your loss.My son was still born 20 years ago and the first few months after I can stilll remember how confused I was by the whole situation,my then wife and I found out that his heart had stopped beating a couple of days before he was due to be born and I was naive enough not to realise that she still had to go through child birth with all the pain and possible complications that can entail.As in all of these types of situations time is a healer,our daughter was five at the time and helping her through the loss of her promised new brother took up most of our time.Still think about him now and wonder what type of man he'd had grown up to be.

If you fancy a few trippy dreams,try some Melatonin.

I've been down with the flu the last 3 days. Not sleeping much because as soon as I close my eyes I get all kinds of wacky hallucinations. They're all based around the same theme of complex problems working themselves out before my eyes, but as soon as they do I'm wide awake for the rest of the night.

I've been down with the flu the last 3 days. Not sleeping much because as soon as I close my eyes I get all kinds of wacky hallucinations. They're all based around the same theme of complex problems working themselves out before my eyes, but as soon as they do I'm wide awake for the rest of the night.
The flu can do that to you,only had it once,luckily in my twenties when I was fit,you can see how it can kill those with a pre-existing health condition.Get well soon!

The flu can do that to you,only had it once,luckily in my twenties when I was fit,you can see how it can kill those with a pre-existing health condition.Get well soon!

Cheers

Not left my bed since Thursday and only eaten for the first time just now. I'm absolutely ruined.

On the plus side I think I balanced our books and got the FFP thing squared away last night.

Cheers

Not left my bed since Thursday and only eaten for the first time just now. I'm absolutely ruined.

On the plus side I think I balanced our books and got the FFP thing squared away last night.
Best to spend your down time in the worthwhile efforts to solve our beloved clubs problems :) If I can offer any advice from all those years ago,when your'e up and about again,take it slow and don't try to do too much too soon.Lots of walking in the fresh air (if you're lucky enough to live near a good source)....oh and no trips to China or cruises.

Best to spend your down time in the worthwhile efforts to solve our beloved clubs problems :) If I can offer any advice from all those years ago,when your'e up and about again,take it slow and don't try to do too much too soon.Lots of walking in the fresh air (if you're lucky enough to live near a good source)....oh and no trips to China or cruises.

I'm convinced I've copped this from my work trip earlier in the week.

Good advice, thanks.

Heading back to England with my little boy tomorrow for a few days. Usually excited but only there for 3 days. One day going to see my uncle dying of cancer in a bed in his living room. One day going to see my dad in the care home dreading seeing how far his dementia has come along since last time I was over, then going to see my mate who lost his husband last year. Plus my son is ill and my wife can't come. So I've started drinking again to block it out. Happy days

Heading back to England with my little boy tomorrow for a few days. Usually excited but only there for 3 days. One day going to see my uncle dying of cancer in a bed in his living room. One day going to see my dad in the care home dreading seeing how far his dementia has come along since last time I was over, then going to see my mate who lost his husband last year. Plus my son is ill and my wife can't come. So I've started drinking again to block it out. Happy days

Just take each day as it comes mate and reset when you get back home.

Just take each day as it comes mate and reset when you get back home.
Just off to the airport apprently there's loads of delays and there's a tree on the line for my train home. I wouldn't be that bothered if it wasn't just me and my 3 year old going. Yeah it'll be fine. 24 degrees here today though :)

Just off to the airport apprently there's loads of delays and there's a tree on the line for my train home. I wouldn't be that bothered if it wasn't just me and my 3 year old going. Yeah it'll be fine. 24 degrees here today though :)
Nightmare. But you can't do anything about the tree on the line so don't stress about it - it is what it is. Take control over the the things you can influence and ignore the rest that you cannot. Hope all your visits go well and you and your son manage to have some fun together