Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I can only speak for myself mate.

I can remember thinking to myself “ somethings weird, I feel different “ but couldn’t put my finger in it.

What it actually was, was that I’d start to feel normal again and due to feeling crap for so long, that feeling like crap had become normal.

Once it registered with me, that I was starting to feel “ okay “ again, I then started to worry, to the point of panicking, that it was only temporary and that then set the anxiety off again. The best way I could describe it, would be like a permanent sense of dread or foreboding.

There’s loads of stuff online about the recovery period and about how your brain, having been locked into a cycle of depression and anxiety, almost doesn’t want to let go of it.

The way I combatted it, was by upping my running, severely cutting back on the ale and keeping busy all the time, which meant I had little time to ruminate and eventually, with time it just went away.

In a nutshell, you worry about being worried and end up feeling like crap again.
I can only speak for myself mate.

I can remember thinking to myself “ somethings weird, I feel different “ but couldn’t put my finger in it.

What it actually was, was that I’d start to feel normal again and due to feeling crap for so long, that feeling like crap had become normal.

Once it registered with me, that I was starting to feel “ okay “ again, I then started to worry, to the point of panicking, that it was only temporary and that then set the anxiety off again. The best way I could describe it, would be like a permanent sense of dread or foreboding.

Just hearsay but as a dad I obviously don't need to explain. It's also text book vulnerable single woman earning trust etc...
Witchdoc I would do this buddy. I suspect that you've spoken to your ex about this? If not it's something I would breech immiedietly with her. You MUST communicate with her if possible. She is the closest person to your child and can protect him / her immiedietly. Are you certain SHE is aware of these stories, she may not be. After all I can't imagine for a moment that she would jeaperdise the safety of her child. Secondly, as soon as possible, contact your local child protection organisation - probably child social services - for advice and support. It's unlikely that they wouldn't have come across this scenario before. I'm sure they will advise you accordingly. Thirdly, as has been mentioned, go to the police. Give them a heads up and tell them your very natural concerns. This is more than your relationship with your ex. Speaking to her is extremely important buddy. These people are manipulators and it's important you find out " how the ground lies " with her and her partner. I know it's very obvious m8 but you MUST take action. We can't assume nothing when it comes to child protection. Be as pro active as you can. Take care and all the best.

can you go with no evidence? he is also a danish national living illegally in spain. I guess i need to find his surname. life throwing some serious tests recently
" Can you go with no evidence..". Yes yes yes. See my previous post. No assumptions, be pro active. No one will ever question your motives. The consequences of doing nothing aren't worth thinking about. I have lots of experience with child protection issues witchdoc having spent the last seven years working with vulnerable kids. If I voice my concerns - as I have numerous times - regarding the well being of a child - I always make sure it is me who chase things up, me who ensures that action is taken and that the right people know. My point witchdoc, don't leave it to others believing things are being done. Please follow my advice on this matter. You can NEVER be wrong when making inquiries about a child's well being, NEVER. But you CAN be wrong for not following your instincts. Please keep us informed. Good luck my friend.

Just found out my mates brother (20 years old) committed suicide after suffering from psychosis since this summer.

My mate, who also suffers from mental health problems, moved to Bristol without telling anyone. He seems to handle it ok as long as he takes his meds but he doesn't all the time and was found on the streets in Leeds in the summer.

Witchdoc I would do this buddy. I suspect that you've spoken to your ex about this? If not it's something I would breech immiedietly with her. You MUST communicate with her if possible. She is the closest person to your child and can protect him / her immiedietly. Are you certain SHE is aware of these stories, she may not be. After all I can't imagine for a moment that she would jeaperdise the safety of her child. Secondly, as soon as possible, contact your local child protection organisation - probably child social services - for advice and support. It's unlikely that they wouldn't have come across this scenario before. I'm sure they will advise you accordingly. Thirdly, as has been mentioned, go to the police. Give them a heads up and tell them your very natural concerns. This is more than your relationship with your ex. Speaking to her is extremely important buddy. These people are manipulators and it's important you find out " how the ground lies " with her and her partner. I know it's very obvious m8 but you MUST take action. We can't assume nothing when it comes to child protection. Be as pro active as you can. Take care and all the best.
she thinks i am making it up because I am jealous. She has cut off all contact from me. Tbh if there wasn't a child involved I couldn't care less if she moved to oz - in fact I would prefer it. Although they are rumours its enough to scare the hell out of me. At the minute she keeps his separate so I know he doesn't see my son yet. But obviously in the future if they get closer that will change and it scares the absolute hell out of me. Its also a subject that triggers me due to events involving friends of mine at school years ago.

she thinks i am making it up because I am jealous. She has cut off all contact from me. Tbh if there wasn't a child involved I couldn't care less if she moved to oz - in fact I would prefer it. Although they are rumours its enough to scare the hell out of me. At the minute she keeps his separate so I know he doesn't see my son yet. But obviously in the future if they get closer that will change and it scares the absolute hell out of me. Its also a subject that triggers me due to events involving friends of mine at school years ago.
Your concerns are valid and I can't believe for a moment you'd bring up the topic of child abuse as a " way " of getting back at her. It is of course a very very serious accusation, however. It doesn't negate my thoughts about being pro active and at least bringing your concerns to your wife and if your not satisfied, taking the matter further. It is of course, up to you as to whether or not your wife's judgement satisfies your concerns. Take care buddy.

Just found out my mates brother (20 years old) committed suicide after suffering from psychosis since this summer.

My mate, who also suffers from mental health problems, moved to Bristol without telling anyone. He seems to handle it ok as long as he takes his meds but he doesn't all the time and was found on the streets in Leeds in the summer.
Coolino been thinking about your friend and it's very worrying. Possibly floridly psychotic, without his meds, ? homeless / wondering the streets and just lost his son. Massive red flags buddy aren't there ?. Can't help thinking the poor fella needs to be put under close supervision. I hope you don't mind me saying but I hope your friend has been found, assessed and is under the care of the mental health services. Don't want to say Sectioned but that's what I'm thinking. Has he got to meet the criteria,? of course, but he's a massive risk and concerning. Can you keep me / us informed please. If you want to chat directly to me directly coolino, I am more than happy to buddy. Worrying for the poor man Take care.