Would you like Costa?

• Yes!

Votes: 561 84.1%
  • Noooo!

Votes: 106 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If true it's because no one else decent is available, short term loan to patch up squad while Sandro settles in

As good as he is, I really don't see the point in this.

Pretty small time for me.

Edit: but being fickle and shallow, I shall hope he does alright for us if it happens.

I think we should just go for it if the option is there. If he scores enough goals and come January we are in with a chance if top 4 it'd be worth it.
Except after Jan we would probably drop down again, making it largely worthless. Seriously what a sad indictment of our recruitment dept. this would be. The shortest of short termism. Dispiriting , if true.

If it happens makes perfect sense.

We could attract nobody of his calibre to come here permanently. He is as good as any striker in the league. Hopefully allows is to get through the Europa league stages, be in contention over half way through the league and progress in cup competitions.

We can re assess our options in January. Ideally Sandro settles and gets the hang of league and Calvert Lenins development continues. Walsh also gets further scouting time of European leagues to see lads who've fallen out of favour and may be available in January.

To replace Lukaku with Costa and Rooney with 90 million profit is incredible business.

Carragher saying how we laugh and joke, before we go on the pitch against them,
Costa would be grinding his studs into one of them,and giving them a nice smile, bring it on, love a bit of snide, and this fella has it in spades.

Probably a level or two up on anyone else where after or linked with.
No doubt once he goes in Jan we still won't even have a replacement lined up.

Absolutely buzzing with this and just a shame we can't have him for longer. Proven goal scorer and will be just what we need to ride us over until January. Put us in contention with the top 4 or 5 to make us more attractive to other top strikers around europe!! Make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.