Would you like Costa?

• Yes!

Votes: 561 84.1%
  • Noooo!

Votes: 106 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd love him here. But my thoughts immediately go to when he leaves on New Years Day. And then I'm terrified again. I think that's just what everton does to a man tho.
It's what the January window is for Tim my boy. If we don't have someone prepared to come in by that window, then we deserve to be relegated to the bowels of hell.

Costa doesn't have gears. He plays one way.

That wouldn't be an issue - whoever he plays for, he competes hard. It's what makes him world class.
He has never been in a position where he knows he is off though. It is nieve to think that he would be arsed and wouldn't coast around the pitch when we are literally just getting him fit for his return back to athletico.

Trust me on this, no matter how positive effect he would have here we wouldn't get the full player

He's the better solution to bringing nobody in, but I'd prefer to bring in the long term solution now. We've had seven weeks since Lukaku left - I don't understand why we're going for a temporary, albeit brilliant, option at the last minute.
We knew Rom was off long before that too.

So, if Costa hadn't fallen out with Conte, who was our main striker target ?

But he will fill that hole for a while, letting us line someone else up in Jan/see how Sandro et al turn out

But why has it been left to doing that? Everyone knows you don't do decent business in January - we're supposed to have this fantastic acquisition guy in Steve Walsh, and the master plan despite it being obvious we needed another striker since the season ended is a striker we're only able to get on loan in the first place due to very unique circumstances?

He's the better solution to bringing nobody in, but I'd prefer to bring in the long term solution now. We've had seven weeks since Lukaku left - I don't understand why we're going for a temporary, albeit brilliant, option at the last minute.
Who knows? But a peak Diego Costa to play up front for Everton yes or no.

Easy answer pal, no debate.

But he will fill that hole for a while, letting us line someone else up in Jan/see how Sandro et al turn out
Worried he is just a stop gap that covers the inadequacy of our focus on back filling Romelu. No doubt all the papers would be excited just like the Rooney circus but the truth is we have screwed up as a club here in this striker search.

Insert obvious joke about your ma here

Chelsea are happy to leave him where he is, he's not good enough for the murder he would cause, move on.
He'd score loads of goals mate. He's played for just two clubs for a long stretch of time, there's no issue with what murder he'd cause. Then he's bombed out in Jan. Easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.