Would you like Costa?

• Yes!

Votes: 561 84.1%
  • Noooo!

Votes: 106 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a horrible person, but I'd take him on a seasons loan without a moments hesitation, but I'd only take him till January if we couldn't get anybody else in.

To be pedantic, we'd be taking him on loan from Chelsea though.

I like this kind of 'pedancy'.. however, ATM can sign him, they just can't register him. Ala Barca with Turan and Vidal. So we 'probably' would be loaning him from ATM..

If true, and we are working with ATM on teh deal, they have someone that they'd loan to us for the second half of the season.

-

Just read further in the thread, someone has already pointed that out. I do respect your pedanticness.

A costa at 50% fitness is better than what we have now. Also Sigurdsson hadn't played all summer and still scored a worldie on his first start for us.

I'd take him right now.

I would love Costa, but for 4 months is a big no.

That's like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

When you've got no one and your targets may not be available it's a complete no brainer. He could have an impact like Landon Donovan did during his half a season loan and he could change the perception of us to our targets next January if we're in the mix for anything.

He'd also be as match fit as Sigurdsson, the same Sigurdsson who played 2 games within a week of signing.

I like this kind of 'pedancy'.. however, ATM can sign him, they just can't register him. Ala Barca with Turan and Vidal. So we 'probably' would be loaning him from ATM..

If true, and we are working with ATM on teh deal, they have someone that they'd loan to us for the second half of the season.

-

Just read further in the thread, someone has already pointed that out. I do respect your pedanticness.
So if we get Costa fit for them in the first half of the season, they'll lend Griezmann to us for the second half?

I would take him on loan even if it is just for a couple of months. Don't particularly like him, he is quite horrible actually but lets be honest, he is an absolute beast of a Goal Scorer which is something that we are seriously lacking right now. Would give us more time to get a proper long term striker in. Hope the rumour is true.

A costa at 50% fitness is better than what we have now. Also Sigurdsson hadn't played all summer and still scored a worldie on his first start for us.

I'd take him right now.

Then, what? We have to actually buy a striker in January?

The list is already small so the fact we wait until January, it'll shrink and the prices will go up.

We sign him. Pay high wages. Get him fit for Atletico and then he goes. Probably pee some other players off in the process.

Sounds good to me.

I think we should just go for it if the option is there. If he scores enough goals and come January we are in with a chance if top 4 it'd be worth it.

No. Unless atheltico Madrid agree to a year long loan OR we wait until last hour of deadline day and if we have not signed any other striker then take him even for 4 months (but it will be an epic fail if we sold lukaku with no full time striker locked in, idiotic in fact, when there was no rush at all on our side.)

Status
Not open for further replies.