Transfer Rumour Denzel Dumfries

Status
Not open for further replies.
£35m Zat, money that could be better spent elsewhere, especially for a club horribly hamstrung with FTP problems.

If not Aarons then Emerson as Barca need €€€...or someone else, but not Dumfries...

If its £35mil then thats £7mil a season over a 5 year contract. Im hoping that more departures and the lack of activity of any other right backs means were trying to get the funds together.

If not Aarons then Emerson as Barca need €€€...or someone else, but not Dumfries...

If its £35mil then thats £7mil a season over a 5 year contract. Im hoping that more departures and the lack of activity of any other right backs means were trying to get the funds together.

We are not in a position to spend 35m on players.

Aarons instead of Dumfries is fine, but only if we have plenty of cash to throw around. There is absolutely not a 20m difference in the quality of the players. In fact Dumfries looks exactly what we need in terms of directn play and athleticism.

If we take Aarons, hes played in the premier league and was considered as the same, if not higher bracket as Godfrey.

In the championship he was the championship young player of the year in 2018/19 and in the team of the season then and also 20/21. Also in the PFA team of the year both seasons.

We know he can play in England and is only 21.

Dumfries is 25 and all i can say is that im gobsmacked that people rate him so highly...

...Benitez also stated we want to get the ball into DCL. Dumfries isnt going to be putting high crosses into the box.

Im not sure what people are expecting from him. I suppose i should have watched the euros as im mystified :)

…but you criticise Dumfries for not playing against quality teams in the Euro’s & then argue the case for Aarons by saying he got in the Championship team of the season. It’s an unreasoned argument.

it’s perfectly fine preferring Aarons but there is little evidence to determine he’s a more effective RB, it’s just an opinion. Personally, I’d actually prefer Dumfries.

We are not in a position to spend 35m on players.

Aarons instead of Dumfries is fine, but only if we have plenty of cash to throw around. There is absolutely not a 20m difference in the quality of the players. In fact Dumfries looks exactly what we need in terms of directn play and athleticism.

We wont know if theres a £20mil difference between the players until they play for the club...

At the moment from what ive seen of them Dumfries is a punt at £10-13mil while Aarons could be a star player and for the rumoured £20-25mil last season in hindsight was a no brainer.

For me, looking at other options id say we would be better off paying the £30-35mil and bringing him in.

I would be really excited seeing Aarons and Godfrey in the back 4....electric.

I like when Zat takes on the world. You all know he literally never changes his mind right? Even if we sign Dumfries and he’s in the league best 11 first year, Zat will not yield his position. I wish you all the best.

Im all in on this one...

…but you criticise Dumfries for not playing against quality teams in the Euro’s & then argue the case for Aarons by saying he got in the Championship team of the season. It’s an unreasoned argument.

it’s perfectly fine preferring Aarons but there is little evidence to determine he’s a more effective RB, it’s just an opinion. Personally, I’d actually prefer Dumfries.

Aarons was in the championship team of the year twice and also PFA team both seasons and had a season in the premier league in the middle while still just 21. Looks to me that he could be the RB version of Godfrey in terms of quality and potential.

Theres been alot of fanfare about him for a few years now and i think he's got the all round game...very exciting player to have.

Dumfries...he makes no sense to me. Even his ball control isnt very good let alone his passing or crossing....i dont see it at all.

If we don't sign Dumphries now, we have wasted half a Summer chasing him for nothing :oops: , clock is ticking on Brands time here as far as I'm concerned. Surely if no new right back in place, he must be made accountable ?

We wont know if theres a £20mil difference between the players until they play for the club...

At the moment from what ive seen of them Dumfries is a punt at £10-13mil while Aarons could be a star player and for the rumoured £20-25mil last season in hindsight was a no brainer.

For me, looking at other options id say we would be better off paying the £30-35mil and bringing him in.

I would be really excited seeing Aarons and Godfrey in the back 4....electric.
And that’s why we are in the FFP pit that we are in

Status
Not open for further replies.